Not connected, Your IP: 35.170.54.171
Sign in to follow this  
locksmith

Port xxxx - Not reachable on server IP over ......

Hi,

Am being really dense but I am having problems understanding how to set up port forwarding for uTorrent properly using AirVPN's remote port forwarding feature. Any help would be gratefully accepted. So far:

I have set the listening port in uTorrent to 47384. Then in the "Member Area|Forwarded Ports" web page I input 47384 into the "Local Port" box (Protocol TCP & UDP) and clicked "Add". Port 26607 is shown as added.

My questions:

1. What do I do with the port 26607 that has been added?

2. A message under "Messages"in the "Forwarded Ports" web page reads "Port 26607 - Not reachable on server IP over the external port 26607, tcp protocol. Error:110 - Connection timed out". Does this mean the port has not been successfully forwarded?

3. Bullet point #7 in the "Forwarded Ports" web page reads "We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports...". Any tips on how this can be done will be much appreciated

Many thanks

Hi,

Am being really dense but I am having problems understanding how to set up port forwarding for uTorrent properly using AirVPN's remote port forwarding feature. Any help would be gratefully accepted. So far:

I have set the listening port in uTorrent to 47384. Then in the "Member Area|Forwarded Ports" web page I input 47384 into the "Local Port" box (Protocol TCP & UDP) and clicked "Add". Port 26607 is shown as added.

My questions:

1. What do I do with the port 26607 that has been added?

Hello!

There is a mistake on your configuration. For uTorrent, do not remap the remotely forwarded port to a different local port. Just set the port in uTorrent so that it matches the remotely forwarded port number. Please follow the FAQ for any doubt.

https://airvpn.org/faq

3. Bullet point #7 in the "Forwarded Ports" web page reads "We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports...". Any tips on how this can be done will be much appreciated

Many thanks

If you use Windows, we recommend to install Comodo Firewall and disable Windows firewall. Comodo will provide by default the pro-active security required when using a VPN, further allowing finer tuning. Also, please make sure that the ports you have remotely forwarded on our VPN are NOT forwarded on your router.

https://personalfirewall.comodo.com

Kind regards