Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.135.202
Sign in to follow this  
mcampbell

IP change frequency?

How often does the externally visible IP change?

Hello!

It never changes, servers exit-IP addresses are static and shared.

Kind regards

Thanks - by "shared" you mean you reuse the one I have now once I log out, and I'll get a new one when I log in again (which might, and will probably be, different than the last one)?

(As opposed to "shared" meaning, "used by more than one person at the same time"....) I'm not even sure how you would do that even if you wanted to =)

Thanks - by "shared" you mean you reuse the one I have now once I log out, and I'll get a new one when I log in again (which might, and will probably be, different than the last one)?

(As opposed to "shared" meaning, "used by more than one person at the same time"....)

Hello!

The exit-IP address of each VPN server is always the same and is shared by ALL the clients connected to a server. This setup gives the best comfort for those who need to run a service behind a VPN server, while at the same time it strengthens the anonymity layer. Please note that entry-IP and exit-IP addresses are different.

I'm not even sure how you would do that even if you wanted to =)

Please see here for some basic concepts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Kind regards

I see. yeah I know how NAT works.

So when I port forward, I'm not allowed to use a port that someone else already has forwarded, I guess. I tried to forward a 7XXX-range port and it said "Not allowed"; I guess someone on the VPN server I'm hooked up to has already used that one?

Also, I guess that implies if I ever logoff and re-login, I'll need to re-forward my ports. Is there any way of automating that?

I see. yeah I know how NAT works.

So when I port forward, I'm not allowed to use a port that someone else already has forwarded, I guess. I tried to forward a 7XXX-range port and it said "Not allowed"; I guess someone on the VPN server I'm hooked up to has already used that one?

Hello!

Yes, you're correct. Just remap a remotely forwarded port to the local port your service is listening to , or change the listening port of your service, or remap the port on your home network or on your computer if possible, in order to overcome this limitation.

Also, I guess that implies if I ever logoff and re-login, I'll need to re-forward my ports. Is there any way of automating that?

That's not necessary at all, it would be an annoying waste of time. Our RPF is fully dynamic and we keep a database of the forwarded ports for each account. When you connect to any VPN server, that server will interrogate a backend which, based on your key, will communicate back to the VPN server which ports must be forwarded for that (your) client.

Kind regards