Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.218.79
Amadore

ANSWERED Download speed not showing up in AirVPN. UPDATED

Recently, I have been having an issue where the download speed is not showing up under "Speed" graph as if it is not connected. The upload shows up, but not the download. This has me a bit paranoid as I don,t know if I am still fully connected to AIRVpn while downloading things, even though I do an IP address check and shows my IP where it should. In fact, this JUST happened right now on Aquila server.. My download shows 0, even surfing the net. The only way to get it to show back up is to reconnect or connect to a different server, as I just did. 

Any reason this would be happening? 

It is doing it again, this is nearly everyday now and always if I leave it connected for long periods of time.

I have attached screenshots to the original post since this site will not let me put images in my posts for some reason. 

OMG!!! It's doing it AGAIN. I have been connected for less than 20 min and the download speed just went away all the sudden again. It WAS there, now it's gone again. 

Someone, please tell me what is going on. I am clearly downloading things, but it does not show up in AIRVpn that there is a download speed. 

Recently, I have been having an issue where the download speed is not showing up under "Speed" graph as if it is not connected. The upload shows up, but not the download. This has me a bit paranoid as I don,t know if I am still fully connected to AIRVpn while downloading things, even though I do an IP address check and shows my IP where it should. In fact, this JUST happened right now on Aquila server.. My download shows 0, even surfing the net. The only way to get it to show back up is to reconnect or connect to a different server, as I just did. 

Any reason this would be happening? 

I also noticed it but since I used ipleak.net to verify if I was exposed and I wasn't I'd say it is just a little bug in the visualization; I also noticed it happened when my download speed was pretty high and variable, how about you?

Anyway, try ipleak and other similar things and if you are not exposed then there is no real problem.

I also noticed it but since I used ipleak.net to verify if I was exposed and I wasn't I'd say it is just a little bug in the visualization; I also noticed it happened when my download speed was pretty high and variable, how about you?

Anyway, try ipleak and other similar things and if you are not exposed then there is no real problem.

I checked the logs, and this seems to pop up everytime it happens "OpenVPN > Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #168885 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings"

The [ #168885 ] number varies each time. So, I don't know what the issue is.

I did a ipeak like you suggested and everything seems connected properly, as far as I can tell. I guess it is a visual glitch with the AIRVpn program?

Hello!

You are connected.

Especially if you enable Network Lock, which you didn't. Any disconnection would then cause a stop to all connections, including downloads.

Please try go to the protocol section in Eddie, untick automatic and select TCP. Then reconnect to a server and check the Stats tab to confirm you're using TCP .

Other than that, please make sure you're using the latest stable edition of the Eddie client and share with us your entire logfile, instead of just pieces of it which you find interesting.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I'm having the same issue but on the Overview tab. It shows the upload speed but not the download. Can someone confirm why it is doing this and if it is a bug or not.

I'm having the same issue but on the Overview tab. It shows the upload speed but not the download. Can someone confirm why it is doing this and if it is a bug or not.

Which client are you using? You can see it in Eddie's "About" page. Also, you can try going to preferences and changing the data units perhaps.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

You are connected.

Especially if you enable Network Lock, which you didn't. Any disconnection would then cause a stop to all connections, including downloads.

Please try go to the protocol section in Eddie, untick automatic and select TCP. Then reconnect to a server and check the Stats tab to confirm you're using TCP .

Other than that, please make sure you're using the latest stable edition of the Eddie client and share with us your entire logfile, instead of just pieces of it which you find interesting.

Thanx for the pointers. IV'e done as suggested, I just don't know how to do a Network Lock other than clicking "Lock Current". 

Hello!

You are connected.

Thanx for the pointers. IV'e done as suggested, I just don't know how to do a Network Lock other than clicking "Lock Current". 

Simply disconnect from the location/server you connected to, on the Overview tab, and a button will appear on the same Overview tab page saying "Activate Network Lock". You're thinking of "Lock Current" from the location/servers tab, but that's something else.

Posted ... (edited)

Platform: Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed.
I tried switching from uTorrent 3.2 to qBitTorrent 4.3.4.1 and the behavior over AirVPN is very strange!
Not using a proxy server, downloads are blazing fast but the Eddie 2.20.0 Overview page shows 0 bit/s download speed except for very short bursts.
ipLeak shows I am connected to one of your servers in the Netherlands.
HOWEVER, when I "Activate Network Lock", nothing downloads - the torrent is stalled.
Trying qBitTorrent with a proxy server fails completely.
Using uTorrent 3.2 (on the same PC) I can transfer files at acceptable speeds (which are correctly displayed in the Eddie Overview window) and optionally go via a proxy server (with authentication).

I doubt that a simple setting fixes this as I have tried what's suggested in this thread.
Something is seriously wrong here. Is the problem in qBitTorrent, Eddie or both?
Advice greatly appreciated!

Eddie_20210404_165411.txt

UPDATE #1: I uninstalled qBitTorrent 4.3.4.1 and installed qBitTorrent 3.3.16 ... everything works correctly!

• Downloads without proxy display normal download speeds in Eddie (and data is transferred)
  • ... also works with "Activate Network Lock". ipLeak.net shows correct server.
  • ... also works with a proxy that requires authentication with password

UPDATE #2: I tested using the same VPN provider and proxy server on Ubuntu 20.04 and it worked correctly. I reinstalled qBitTorrent 4.3.4.1 on Windows 10 and it too worked correctly this time. No idea why. Edited ... by Auri
Problem Solved