Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.19.28
nrf3qvg

Dedicated/static IP address?

Hi,

As a British citizen who travels a lot, I have used various VPN services to access content in the UK while abroad. As most who do this know, it is getting increasingly difficult.

While searching today I came across a feature that might be something AirVPN can implement: a dedicated static IP address. Charge a small monthly fee for a dedicated address on the server of your choice. That way services won't see abnormal levels of activity from a single address. Hopefully this will keep them from blocking the address. Of course this reduces anonymity, but it would be a trade-off for those that want it.

I LOVE AirVPN and would like to continue using it, but, accessing UK content is an important feature for me. I hope this feature can be implemented, especially as addresses are no longer a problem when using IPv6.

Thanks for considering this (or other options) to give us access to our sorely missed home content!

Hello!

What Staff says about that.

It's only getting harder to access restricted content and it's not the main purpose of Air.

I don't think Air is a fan of any add-on features being purchased.

There were also those who would pay lots to enjoy more than the then 3 connections, but this wasn't allowed. Now the limit is increased though, to 5.

Maybe you should consider some sort of torrenting? Air allows this fully. It's just not ideal on the go.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Not going to happen - stop supporting websites/cartels that block VPNs/IPs and instead look elsewhere for the content.

If you need a static IP in a location I recommend using a VPS and setting up openvpn on it. The nice thing about that is it will give you a server you can use to access the streaming sites and, because eddie supports 3rd party ovpn files, you can still use airvpn servers in the same app. I think this will give you the best of both worlds and many providers don't cost much. For example you can get a server for $2.50 a month from vultr.com which will allow 500GB per month of transfer. Plus its billed hourly so you can cancel at anytime. digitalocean.com also has comparable plans except they start at $5 a month which is more then you may want to spend for this. You can also host a openvpn server at your house, assuming your upload speed it fast enough. There are lots of options but I don't think getting a dedicated ip from a vpn provider is a good one.

If you need a static IP in a location I recommend using a VPS and setting up openvpn on it. The nice thing about that is it will give you a server you can use to access the streaming sites and, ... For example you can get a server for $2.50 a month from vultr.com which will allow 500GB per month of transfer. Plus its billed hourly so you can cancel at anytime. digitalocean.com also has comparable plans except they start at $5 a month ...

A couple of days ago, BBC started blocking my VULTR VPS. I have tried installing new VPSes to check other IP ranges. And no luck.

Maybe you should consider some sort of torrenting? ...

Or Usenet. There are some NZB indexers that are very good at finding obfuscated NZBs. For now not many DMCA type issues with these. And lots of releases available. Of course these indexers are private. So you have find a way to get invited. There's the rub.

I will miss being able to download straight from BBC. But I don't think it is worth the effort now to even try to find another VPS or VPN for this.

@LZ1

Why AirVPN does not offer dedicated/static IP addresses??

All they say is that they have custom plans for dedicated/static IP VPN address servers so to "contact them" and ask.

I did ask they avoided the answer sort of.

Any Clues?!?

@LZ1

Why AirVPN does not offer dedicated/static IP addresses??

All they say is that they have custom plans for dedicated/static IP VPN address servers so to "contact them" and ask.

I did ask they avoided the answer sort of.

Any Clues?!?

Perhaps because they might argue that they do offer a static one already, if only you keep connecting to the same server and that this is sufficient for 99% of users.

I can't comment on what support has told you, but if you didn't find the answer satisfactory, you could always submit a new ticket, wherein you rephrase your question.

I didn't hear anything about customs plans. But then Air doesn't tend to share too many of its designs on the future. You should be careful not to confuse uncertainty about plans, with evasiveness .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

But then Air doesn't tend to share too many of its designs on the future.

They can keep them all they want. All I wanted a straight answer.....

Do you offer static IP addresses for customers?

YES/NO

If yes What are the plans that you have for static IP address?

Then the answer is "No", if the static IPs referenced in the links to the Staff posts in my last two replies aren't what you were looking for.

There's certainly no history of Air letting single users get access to specific addon-features either, that I'm aware of. (In case you wanted to pay a little extra to get a static IP, like some other companies offer).

It's no use sharing the contents of your support tickets with us here and I don't know which custom plans support may be referencing. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding, in that they're talking about the plans they offer, paired with my prior Staff post about static IPs. Following that logic, it's correct that they do offer "custom plans with static IPs". But you're thinking of an add-on feature of some sort I suppose. Since it wouldn't make sense otherwise, as all Air customers get access to the same things when they buy a plan.

If and when Air does make a change of this kind, there's a good chance you'll hear about it in the announcements forum along with the rest of us.

Now that was 8 posts from you in quick succession(now deleted). It's understandable if you didn't get the answers you were looking for, so I think the safest bet is for you to assume it's all a "No" and that there's no new/current plans they wish to share.

Topic locked for now.