Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.233.6
Sign in to follow this  
mateudz

OpenVPN Config not working on multiple devices

Hello,

I recently installed Antergos Linux (Arch Linux) on my main Computer and my Laptop. So I downloaded the Config files and tried to run them with the default openvpn. I cannot establish a connection. The resulting error is:

Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 OpenVPN 2.4.4 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 26 2017
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0g  2 Nov 2017, LZO 2.10
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: switzerland.vpn.airdns.org:443 (Name or service not known)
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: switzerland.vpn.airdns.org:443 (Name or service not known)
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 SIGUSR1[soft,init_instance] received, process restarting
Thu Feb  1 12:47:55 2018 Restart pause, 5 second(s)

I tried it on my Android device where I also have the config files from before a month. The old ones are working, the new ones don't. Maybe someone has the same problem or a solution? The Problem occurs also when I download another protocol-config or change the Server/State.

Thanks

I just made a post about it, but it seems that you have the same issue.

I also posted a solution. The old configs use <country code>.vpn.airdns.org, so to fix you problem use "remote ch.vpn.airdns.org 443".

The new configs use domains without valid DNS records.

Thanks, that worked for me to establish the connection.

Maybe some mods see it and change the generating-algorithm.

Edit: Well, now I have a connection, but any Country I try the sequenz initiliazises succesfuly but I have no internet. I cannot access Website nor ping the airvpn.org site. Maybe there are some more things broken with the new config files.