Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.218.79
Staff

Eddie 2.14beta released

The tray icon had was finally working for me in 2.14.3.

Now no tray icon again in 2.14.4

Xubuntu 16.04 LTS

2.14.4 will not start. It is not seen in apps.

Looks like something goes wrong with the installation.

2.14.3 gives bootstrap errors.

Windows 10 pro Dutch.

Same problem with Debian Buster.

Cheers leo

Pacchetto: airvpn                                   

Versione: 2.14.4

Stato: installato

Installato automaticamente: no

Priorità: extra

Sezione: oldlibs

Responsabile: Eddie <maintainer@eddie.website>

Architettura: all

Dimensione pacchetto installato: 0

Dipende: eddie-ui

Descrizione: transitional package

This is a transitional package. It can safely be removed.

Excellent! with 2.14.4 I no longer get an error about missing notify-send on Fedora 28 when trying to install the Eddie client

I get a dock icon when its running but its on its own instead of grouped with the favourite icon on my dock like it does for other apps and their icons, the icon for the running instance is also listed as unknown

rQekAJD.png

Confirmed. No IPv6 looping error when waking from Windows 10 64bit sleep mode.  Thanks

Found something else. While Eddie is connected, right-click Eddie in the tray and choose Exit. Eddie disconnects and exits. After restarting Windows with Eddie already configured to start with Windows, it throws a recovery unexpected crash error before continuing to successfully connect.

Update: This was resolved by uninstalling Eddie beta, deleting both xml files -- second xml was recovery -- and reinstalling Eddie beta. That said, a second install shouldn't be needed. The first install was clean with no xml files present.

Eddie 2.14.4 OSX - I've chosen IPv4 only in "IP Protocol used for connection" but i'm still getting IPv6 ip addresses as well IPv4.

Same problem with Debian Buster.

Cheers leo

Pacchetto: airvpn                                   

Versione: 2.14.4

Stato: installato

Installato automaticamente: no

Priorità: extra

Sezione: oldlibs

Responsabile: Eddie

Architettura: all

Dimensione pacchetto installato: 0

Dipende: eddie-ui

Descrizione: transitional package

This is a transitional package. It can safely be removed.

In the lastest release we change the name of the package from "airvpn" to "eddie-ui". "airvpn" package is empty (transitional) and depends to "eddie-ui".

What exactly mean with "It is not seen in apps"? You don't find the application "Eddie - OpenVPN UI"?

I've got an issue with the 2.14.4 portable client on Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3. I cannot start eddie using a shortcut in the main cinnamon menu (start menu). Even tricks like creating a desktop shortcut to the executable or alt + f2 (run) don't work. All I get is an error message like the one in the attached screenshot. Also it does not make a difference whether I try to invoke the command using either gksu, sudo or no prefix at all.

There are only two ways I can launch the program: either by double clicking the executable in a file explorer or in the terminal.

In the lastest release we change the name of the package from "airvpn" to "eddie-ui". "airvpn" package is empty (transitional) and depends to "eddie-ui".

What exactly mean with "It is not seen in apps"? You don't find the application "Eddie - OpenVPN UI"?

I find Eddie - OpenVPN UI in dmenu but it doesn't run (nothing happens if I select it). I have to run eddie-ui from terminal with root privileges.

Cheers leo

Eddie 2.14.4 OSX - I've chosen IPv4 only in "IP Protocol used for connection" but i'm still getting IPv6 ip addresses as well IPv4.

Correct.

The "IP Protocol used for connection" tell if you want to reach server via IPv4 or IPv6.

If you don't want an IPv6 address, choose in "Layer IPv6" the option "Block" or "Outside the tunnel".

I find Eddie - OpenVPN UI in dmenu but it doesn't run (nothing happens if I select it). I have to run eddie-ui from terminal with root privileges.

Cheers leo

Please try to launch "eddie-ui" from terminal as normal user, and post here the log. And try also "pkexec eddie-ui". Thanks.

System notifications are now using the correct theme (Arch Linux / MATE Desktop)

Still no tray icon though. Same error

/eddie-ui_2.14.4_linux_x64_portable/eddie_tray: error while loading shared libraries: libappindicator.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please try to download and install the Arch edition (x64) in the download section (just added, force a browser refresh if you don't see it near the Fedora and OpenSuse edition).

Install with "pacman -U ...".

The tray icon had was finally working for me in 2.14.3.

Now no tray icon again in 2.14.4

Xubuntu 16.04 LTS

I just installed XUbuntu 16.04 LTS x86. Confirmed, no tray icon. Will be fixed in the next release.

Not sure if I found a bug. I changed Eddie 2.14.4 Networking IP Protocol Used for Connection to IPv6, IPv4. My take on it was IPv6 preferred with fallback to IPv4. When attempting to connect to Chara, Eddie throws an IPv6 unknown error:

After switching back to IPv4, IPv6, all works well.

Cheers leo

Please try to launch "eddie-ui" from terminal as normal user, and post here the log. And try also "pkexec eddie-ui". Thanks.

Here the outpup of "eddie-ui":

eddie-ui

[leo@mousy ~]$ . 2018.05.23 11:23:05 - Eddie version: 2.14.4 / linux_x64, System: Linux, Name: Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid \n \l, Version: Linux mousy 4.16.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.16.5-1 (2018-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux, Mono/.Net: 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1); Framework: v4.0.30319

. 2018.05.23 11:23:05 - Restarting with admin privileges (method:pkexec-policy)

==== AUTHENTICATING FOR com.eddie.linux.ui.policy ===

Authentication is required to run the Eddie - OpenVPN UI

Authenticating as: leo,,, (leo)

Password: PASSWORD

bash: PASSWORD: comando non trovato

[leo@mousy ~]$

Where PASSWORD is my password;)

And this  for pkexec eddie-ui

pkexec eddie-ui

==== AUTHENTICATING FOR com.eddie.linux.ui.policy ===

Authentication is required to run the Eddie - OpenVPN UI

Authenticating as: leo,,, (leo)

Password:

polkit-agent-helper-1: error response to PolicyKit daemon: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: No session for cookie

==== AUTHENTICATION FAILED ===

Error executing command as another user: Not authorized

This incident has been reported.

i've just updated to 2.14.5-1 via AUR (Arch Linux / KDE Plasma).

The system tray icon works, but it's invisible. The context menu works if I right click on the invisible tray icon. No issue with other app icons...

It happens regarldess of the system theme (Breeze, materia-kde...). Maybe it was already invisible with previous build, I can't tell since I switched to Qomui a few weeks ago and was using MATE Desktop before.

You need to have either libappindicator-gtk2 or libappindicator-gtk3 installed for tray icon. It's under optional depencencies on AUR page.

You need to have either libappindicator-gtk2 or libappindicator-gtk3 installed for tray icon. It's under optional depencencies on AUR page.

I know. Both libappindicator-gtk2 and libappindicator-gtk3 are installed on my machine, of course.

libappindicator-gtk2 is a required dependency though, not optional.

attachicon.gifA.png

It's not a problem related to the system tray icon itself. It's there since I can get the context menu with a right click on it. it's just a graphical glitch or something with KDE Plasma. Maybe it's because of 2.14.5-1, maybe it's something on my end.

The system tray icon worked fine on MATE Desktop with previous 2.14 build as far as I'm concerned.

Then it's strange because I use Arch with KDE too and tray icon is displayed properly.

Thanks for the new version.

Note: Tray icon finally worked in 2.14.3. Then in 2.14.4 it was gone again. I was hoping it would be back in 2.14.5 but it is not.

XUbuntu 16.04 LTS x86