Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.41.140
Staff

Eddie 2.14beta released

The events tab is missing in 2.14.2!

Need that for VPN up and down events

As an experiment I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 in a Parallel VM and run software updater.

Without any other modifications whatsoever I installed Eddie 2.14.2 and connected to Air.

After running for 98h the process uses 800m of resident memory (as reported by top).

After the same time my regular system used 2.4gb resident memory.

There is definitely a memory leak in Ubuntu at least.

Attaching photo of top running in Ubuntu VM.

9a969c85b36c8063594c38f329aa9d81.jpg

Tested Ubuntu 18.04 final beta with similar results.

As an experiment I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 in a Parallel VM and run software updater.

Without any other modifications whatsoever I installed Eddie 2.14.2 and connected to Air.

After running for 98h the process uses 800m of resident memory (as reported by top).

After the same time my regular system used 2.4gb resident memory.

There is definitely a memory leak in Ubuntu at least.

Attaching photo of top running in Ubuntu VM.

9a969c85b36c8063594c38f329aa9d81.jpg

Tested Ubuntu 18.04 final beta with similar results.

Maybe you can try run the tests mentioned by Clodo .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I can only connect with network lock off while using experimental.

It gives me some errors that the change log says it's fixed in the version I'm using. When setting rules. Says my device or something can't be found. I am using the latest stable so I can't do logs right now.

1-is 3/4months ago, beta version coming out?

2-when stable version is realesd?   

3-why support doesn't answer the request's? I can't find another way to talk support team, just here!  

1. There's new betas released routinely. Betas end when Stable ones release and then it repeats. Look at the changelog.
  2. We don't know, but the next Beta release is coming quite soon.
  3. I don't know if they didn't answer you at all. Maybe they're busy; I don't know how long you waited. But they couldn't tell you anything more than a rough release date anyway..

Edit: Welcome to AirVPN by the way

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Odd issue with installing on Fedora 27 and Fedora 28beta with

sudo rpm -ivh eddie-ui_2.14.2_linux_x64_rpm.rpm
warning: eddie-ui_2.14.2_linux_x64_rpm.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 400d7698: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
    notify-send is needed by airvpn-2.14.2-0.x86_64

Which is strange because I have notify-send and can use it:

# notify-send -v
notify-send 0.7.7

For context it is provided by libnotify.

#  dnf provides '*/notify-send'
Last metadata expiration check: 2:37:31 ago on Thu 26 Apr 2018 06:37:03 PM MDT.
libnotify-0.7.7-4.fc27.x86_64 : Desktop notification library
Repo        : @System
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/notify-send

libnotify-0.7.7-4.fc27.i686 : Desktop notification library
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/notify-send

I can use dnf/rpm to force the install regardless of dependencies, but it isn't very tidy.

edit: Saw someone found the same thing on github, I added my bit there since that seems to be the place where the bug will get squashed.

3-why support doesn't answer the request's? I can't find another way to talk support team, just here!  

For support, the forum is the way to go.. The team is busy, and if there is a hardware problem, you can be sure they are aware of it. For everything else, the forums work fine. I read a lot of reviews and shootouts on VPNs before checking out Air and this was mentioned in a few of them. That support came mainly from a community forum, but was great. That was one of the things that made me choose Air in the end. There were plenty of VPNs that allowed the same access features I wanted, but I don't like dealing with company tech support generally. If theres something going wrong with it, its usually something on my end, not the servers. Not every TS employee is the brightest and most knowledgable employee, and here there are plenty of folks in the know hanging out, that can often go above and beyond and help out, where a TS employee might just reach the end of his script and either not know, or not be allowed to troubleshoot any further (worked at plenty of places where this is how it we did it). Im a Mac user on top of it, is the general TS employee even familiar with the Mac OS beyond the canned answers TS often gives out for issues? Why bother when I can find a Unix guy that might be able to help, and actually likes figuring stuff out instead? 

i'm agree whith you, and yes one of the great thing for airvpn is this forum becuse have very tecnical and smart guys...

in two days more than 18hours just read about AirVPN and have great feeling for this amazing prouduct.

but iwant badly this 12.14stable update this TLS-crypt & SHA-512 is awsome   i see in github last committed is 1mounths ago for beta version, is possible is Ready to stable release?

For support, the forum is the way to go.. The team is busy, and if there is a hardware problem, you can be sure they are aware of it. For everything else, the forums work fine. I read a lot of reviews and shootouts on VPNs before checking out Air and this was mentioned in a few of them. That support came mainly from a community forum, but was great. That was one of the things that made me choose Air in the end. There were plenty of VPNs that allowed the same access features I wanted, but I don't like dealing with company tech support generally. If theres something going wrong with it, its usually something on my end, not the servers. Not every TS employee is the brightest and most knowledgable employee, and here there are plenty of folks in the know hanging out, that can often go above and beyond and help out, where a TS employee might just reach the end of his script and either not know, or not be allowed to troubleshoot any further (worked at plenty of places where this is how it we did it). Im a Mac user on top of it, is the general TS employee even familiar with the Mac OS beyond the canned answers TS often gives out for issues? Why bother when I can find a Unix guy that might be able to help, and actually likes figuring stuff out instead? 

Incidentally, what you're talking about is often the result of using outsourced Tech Support, who do as you describe; pre-packaged answers, scripts and lack of knowledge. Air is again different in that regard.

Version 2.14.3 (Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:06:02 +0000)

[new] Bundled with OpenVPN 2.4.6 and OpenSSL 1.1.0h
[bugfix] Events tab hidden fixed
[bugfix] Custom OpenVPN directives parser in some circumstances
[bugfix] Issue with IPv6 in "in-out" config with IPv4 only servers
[bugfix] Better detection of IPv6 support at OS and network adapter level
[bugfix] Windows - Issue when launched from a network/UNC path.
[change] Windows/Linux - Better keys binding in UI
[change] Other providers: If keepalive is used, don't use ping-* related directives.
[bugfix] Linux - Workaround for a Mono bug if version https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6752
[bugfix] Windows - Fix for issue 'Windows WFP, Add rule failed: Interface ID ... unknown or disabled for the layer.'.
[bugfix] Windows - Fix detection issue related to IPv6 at OS level.
[change] Windows - Removed option "Disable IPv6 at OS level if requested", because in Windows 10 a reboot is required.
[new] MacOS - Context menu
[change] Misc UI changes

[change] Added hot keys support

[change] Linux - Removed gksu dependency from *.deb packages

Version 2.14.3 (Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:06:02 +0000)

[new] Bundled with OpenVPN 2.4.6 and OpenSSL 1.1.0h
[bugfix] Events tab hidden fixed
[bugfix] Custom OpenVPN directives parser in some circumstances
[bugfix] Issue with IPv6 in "in-out" config with IPv4 only servers
[bugfix] Better detection of IPv6 support at OS and network adapter level
[bugfix] Windows - Issue when launched from a network/UNC path.
[change] Windows/Linux - Better keys binding in UI
[change] Other providers: If keepalive is used, don't use ping-* related directives.
[bugfix] Linux - Workaround for a Mono bug if version <5.10.1.45: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6752
[bugfix] Windows - Fix for issue 'Windows WFP, Add rule failed: Interface ID ... unknown or disabled for the layer.'.
[bugfix] Windows - Fix detection issue related to IPv6 at OS level.
[change] Windows - Removed option "Disable IPv6 at OS level if requested", because in Windows 10 a reboot is required.
[new] MacOS - Context menu
[change] Misc UI changes
[change] Added hot keys support
[change] Linux - Removed gksu dependency from *.deb packages

Great News & thanks a lot Dear Staff, I hope this version has no bugs and become a stable version.

just 3quastions:
1-how many server support this version?
2-in theory if this version have no bugs, how long takes test cycle be end?

3-have any documents for how professional testing eddie?

Incidentally, what you're talking about is often the result of using outsourced Tech Support, who do as you describe; pre-packaged answers, scripts and lack of knowledge. Air is again different in that regard.

Sadly thats how some internal companies run too haha. I worked for the Kinkos corporate office back in 2000-2002 doing tech support for the Kinkos stores. At 1st level, thats how they had us do it. We had a database full of "known issues and solutions" and if we couldn't solve their problem in like 5 minutes, then it was either the typical "Well reinstall the whole machine" or if it was something really weird, we would escalate it to the 2nd level guys. When I got bumped up to 2nd level it was so much better, I actually got to work on problems directly instead of just feeling like a useless script reader hehe. Of course, they ended up outsourcing most of it and laid us all off and moved to Texas where it was cheaper after the CEO retired. 

I just installed 2.14.3 beta (on Ubuntu Linux) and so far it's working well.  Problems I've had before, including Eddie crashing when I try to use the menu item to go to the AirVPN website, seem to have been fixed.  Eddie also used to crash when I minimized it, but I haven't seen that yet, either.

Install was easy, right over the top of 2.14.2: I just double-clicked the .deb file.

Good job so far!

Connect at startup setting does not seem to be working anymore.

portable mono eddie 2.14.3

Still a problem with Windows 10 64 bit Home sleep mode. After the computer wakes from sleep, Eddie 2.14.3 gets stuck with an IPV6 recurring loop error. The only fix is to Exit Eddie completely and restart it. This is the same problem reported for the prior beta version.

Beta 2.14.3 was installed clean with no prior xml files present.

EDIT: Ooops never mind, guess my issue wasn't the beta, apparently all the LA servers aren't working for anyone hehe.. 

On 2.14.3 "Routes" (outside the vpn tunnel) wont work @win 8.1

EDIT: seems to work after restart

2.14.3 Still has problems with WFP:

Windows WFP, Add rule failed: Interface ID '{xxx}' unknown or disabled for the layer.:<rule name="NetLock - Interface - Allow {xxx} - IPv6" layer="ale_auth_recv_accept_v6" action="permit" weight="1000"><if field="ip_local_interface" match="equal" interface="{xxx}" /></rule> - Stack:    bei Eddie.Platform.Windows.Wfp.AddItem(String code, XmlElement xml)

happy to report that the long standing linux memory leak issues seem to be fixed in 2.14.3.

Portable mono version, Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.12.0.226

Hello.

I installed Eddie 2.14.4 and when I try to exit a message pops up for a split second and then Eddie is in an endless loop of exiting. I have to restart the whole Computer to fix it. I use Deepin 15.5 64 Bit.

Regards

Version 2.14.4 (Wed, 16 May 2018 15:40:42 +0000)

[change] Better check of IPv6 OS support

[change] Linux - Renaming AirVPN -> Eddie

[new] Linux - polkit policy file in .deb and .rpm packages. Resolve some elevation/notification/tray issues.

[bugfix] No bootstrap message dialog

[change] Rewrite of command line parser to fix some Linux bash issue

[change] Linux - Minor changes in some colors (for example Arch with dark theme).

[change] Redesigned About Window

[change] Linux - OpenSUSE specific package, with specific dependencies.

[change] Linux - Fedora specific package, with specific dependencies.

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "Add rule failed: Interface ID '{...}' unknown or disabled for the layer."

[bugfix] Windows - Fix for "ipv6_block_all already exists"