Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.73.228
Sign in to follow this  
P_Cuppers

Unable to load web-pages, can connect to VPN.

For reason since this morning I have been unable to load any webpages whilst connected to the vpn today. I have attempted to connect on multiple networks and devices all with the same result.

I figured I'd try changing my DNS to Google's with no luck.

I pinged a couple of IPs with success but traceroute wouldn't return anything.

I've tried connecting via the client as well as via OpenVPN using a Europe config and a NL config.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem on an Android device.

Without touching the running system OpenVPN started failing to load pages despite being able to connect successfully.

Using the desktop application works though.

I'm having problems also. Was using linux application no luck and tried also on windows with no luck. Afer further investigating on windows 7 i was using Eddie client version: 2.12.4 i updated the client all ok with windows which i haven't used in a long time. I guess the problem is solved on linux everything seems to be ok.Using  eddie 2.13.6

> Europe config and a NL config

What server are you connecting to?

I have had DNS problems using the server Cygnus starting yesterday. On the IP level things seemed to work fine but DNS lookups, even when trying to use Google nameservers, would fail. Cygnus was/is also reporting the lowest load on the status page, and would get picked every time I'd connect.

Changing the OpenVPN config to force it to use a non-NL server fixed it.

Already filed a support ticket, hopefully it just needs to be taken offline and reconfigured.

Edit: And it's offline now. If my theory was correct, people who were having problems should connect to a different server now and not see this problem.

Hello!

You were right, Cygnus went down but the nl.vpn.airdns.org name kept resolving into Cygnus entry-IP address because the monitoring system failed to detect the problem. Therefore Cygnus resulted with low load and soon escalated to have the highest rating first in the Netherlands and then in the whole Europe (europe.vpn.airdns.org).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Such occurrences are anyway very rare because the monitoring system has been very much refined in the last 5 years.

Kind regards

Hello Everyone!

I have a configuration that use NL, and if I connect I simply have 0 bandwidth. Using Alblasserdam_Alphecca I can browse at 0.2Mbit/sec

Any help around?

Thanks

Hello,

I have more or less the same problem (MacOS-Tunnelblick). I always used to connect to "NL".  since a few days having problems with the internet connection (VPN established ok, no internet).

First I thought it had someting to do with Tunnelblick but after all I found out that everthing works ok when connect to a single server (Canis).

I just submitted a ticket for this problem.

Regards,