Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.110.179
routeninja

VPN Mentor low score

https://www.vpnmentor.com/reviews/airvpn/

Found this today as PIA tweeted out that they won an "award". "Most Stable VPN".

AirVPN gets low scores on that site for some reason. I have used PIA, and NordVPN (Which is their overall number one rated VPN). AirVPN blows them out of the water and it is not even close. No dropped connections, full speeds, and no protocol filtering. When it came time this year to reup my sub, although Air is not the cheapest, it was an absolute no brainer. Not sure why they get low scores, but AirVPN is the best around.

Hello!

It can be disregarded. Such is the nature of paid and/or biased reviews. It's the same story across multiple sites. From a different angle - such as quality and features - one could also argue Air is the cheapest for what you get.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

The final thoughts of the reviewer are not bad at all..

"AirVPN may not be the flashiest VPN on the market and it may fall short in some areas, but it’s confident in its abilities. It also offers great value with its extensive focus on security, no-logs policy, and variety of protocols. It also puts heavy work in the background by developing, funding, and otherwise participating in multiple projects aimed at making the Internet a better place for users.

Between Net Neutrality and the increasing restrictions on web content, AirVPN is a provider dedicated to fighting the good fight. We salute all such efforts — and while you might not be able to get around certain geoblocks (e.g. Netflix), you will have access to virtually anything else, including content behind the Great Firewall of China.

In short, if you’re looking for a solid all-around virtual private network, you’ve found it in AirVPN."

About artificial notation and as says another good Vpn provider :

"Did you know that many product reviews found on the Internet are actually paid ads in disguise? It's a complicated topic, but one that we have a clear position on."  They don't pay,  AirVpn don't too

I actually found them quite fair, I already found three reviews where AirVPN is clearly the winner:

1, 2 and 3

So if these are biased and paid, why would AirVPN win at all?

Might even be their specific internet provider or configuration. I have found that since I had spectrum that my vpn performance with AirVPN sucked but it was fixable and I am back to the performance that I always got. I think a lot of reviewers just connect using the software and don't bother delving into the configuration options, of which some are pretty advanced when it comes to OpenVPN and many are your mileage may vary depending on your specific situation.

AirVPN is the best, and considering the article here in 'News' about Nord VPN and others, although dismissed as a smear campaign by Nord and its supporters, all the more reason to go for the 2-year sign up when my contract is up in June.