Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.145.114

Hi, 

After I've forwarded the right port in AirVPN client area and put the right settings in qBittorrent, I finally get great speeds while connected to the VPN service. However, the speeds (for torrents), seem to fluctuate heavily between 0 and 200Mbit (my max speed). 

I have the feeling it is because of some setting or limit somewhere that high speeds cannot be sustained. Here is a screenshot of the Eddie speed:

letNaij.png

More info: 

- Using network lock 

- Using OS X 10.12.6

- Using an SSD

- Using Asus AC-3200 router

- Only using the utun3 network interface in qBittorrent

- Used settings described here for qBittorrent

- Disabled firewall on router

- Looked for any settings in my router that might impede sustained speed like ICMP flood detection but cannot find those

- Using port forwarding in client area 

Is this normal behaviour? I don't really mind it for the time being, as speed is much faster than before, however maybe I'm missing a setting that could prevent this?

If you're using the latest version and assuming the setup works right(including AirVPN), in qbittorrent v4 the mixed mode algorithm has been defaulted to use TCP. So the high fluctuations MIGHT be the result of absence of utp bandwidth throttling and management.

If you're using the latest version and assuming the setup works right(including AirVPN), in qbittorrent v4 the mixed mode algorithm has been defaulted to use TCP. So the high fluctuations MIGHT be the result of absence of utp bandwidth throttling and management.

I'm using the latest qbittorrent on OS X, that one is still v3.3. 

I've tried enabling uTP protocol with/without rate throtteling, however then it still fluctuates and doesn't go higher than 20mbit/s. Thanks for the suggestion though 

I have a similar problem here.  It's relatively new.  It's only started happening to me in the past few months.  My download will die like clockwork on random servers.  Nothing requiring Internet works, even websites time out.  Then a few to 10 or more minutes later it will start working again and repeat.  The only way I've found to get it working better is to switch servers until you find one that gives steady speed.  A server switch in the same region for me may work for a short time then it's doing the same thing so I usually have to go to a completely different area.  That usually works for at least a day, hopefully, before it starts doing it too or the speed drops then I go to another area.  No settings changes helped.

d5SgFgF.jpg

I have exactly the same issue and am completely put of ideas what to check.

When I was using a different VPN Provider (Perfect Privacy) this did not happen at all but they use IPSEC. So I thought it might be related to OpenVPN or it could be Bandwidth Throttling from the Provider. But both of these do not really sound too realistic.

And I tried switching servers but that makes no difference. Also changing the used ports and method for OpenVPN (i.e. TCP, or SSL Port etc.) does not make a real difference. 

So if anyone has an idea I would be very grateful.

I've tried enabling uTP protocol with/without rate throtteling, however then it still fluctuates and doesn't go higher than 20mbit/s. Thanks for the suggestion though 

Hello!

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. But it appears the newest is 4.0.3 https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. But it appears the newest is 4.0.3 https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

I have the same problem while running the latest version of qbittorrent.

Here are some graphs.

10 min graph: https://i.imgur.com/1SPMhlT.png

1 hour graph: https://i.imgur.com/nahpLbj.png

Hello,

some hints:

do you notice packet errors in the OpenVPN logs?

Do you have some packet filtering or QoS tool active in the router and/or in the system where the torrent client runs (including the traffic shaping tool of the torrent software itself)? 

When you don't run the torrent software, is the throughput stable (try a long download in FTP for example)? If you set (in the torrent software) a limit on upload to 50% of your nominal peak upload throughput and 75% to your nominal peak download throughput do you notice any improvement?

Kind regards

Hello,

some hints:

do you notice packet errors in the OpenVPN logs?

Do you have some packet filtering or QoS tool active in the router and/or in the system where the torrent client runs (including the traffic shaping tool of the torrent software itself)? 

When you don't run the torrent software, is the throughput stable (try a long download in FTP for example)? If you set (in the torrent software) a limit on upload to 50% of your nominal peak upload throughput and 75% to your nominal peak download throughput do you notice any improvement?

Kind regards

Hi guys,

I can see packet errors from time to time but not in huge numbers. I will keep it in mind to check more often to see if there are more during Torrent Traffic or not.

I did a long download and there the traffic is much more steady. The curve is what you would expect. As I do not want to go to the hassle of uploading that screenshot to IMGUR or somesuch, no picture, sorry as apparently I am not allowed to post inline images.

So it must be P2P specific. I am very certain I do not run any traffic shaping or broadcast storm control (UDP) on my router or machine so that should not be the issue. Also from what I can see, the uploads do not fluctuate as wildly as the downloads.

As soon as I have time I will do the check with the limiting of download speed to see, if that changes anything.

BTW I am also using qbittorrent 4.03.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

in my case, it's a server issue, after changing the server, everthing is fine now.

one more interest thing, couldn't see peer's flag but now it show up well

edited. 
Nevermind it fluctuate again

edited.
change openvpn protocol config TCP to UDP everything fine now. 

Edited ... by comeinpark
edited