Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.179.138

Hello,

my download speed while connect to Air has slowed down again. I have a 50 Mbps.

A couple months ago I had huge issues with air and it worked only through SSL, but not that fast. I couldn't locate the issue so I've just wiped out my OS and install Win 10 pro 64bit weeks ago. Since today air worked fine and fast but only with TCP. Since yesterday Air connections are very slow, between 5 - 12 Mbps. I tried everything that I've found in this forum about speed issues, changing ports, from tcp to udp with different ports, also the network adapter issue with 25/15 ect.. but it won't work, the maximum speed I get is 13 Mbps, only on some Netherland servers. All other servers, even those in my country, are way below 10 Mbps. That is very dissapointing and frustrating, specially as I've renew my sub again through the black friday offer.

Any ideas?

Hello,

we agree that's very frustrating, but why do you look angry with us? Our redundancy and bandwidth availability is remarkably high, our servers are served by tier2 and most of the 8 tier1 world transit providers, so what do we have to do with the issue? Why don't you:

• open a ticket with the support department to check whether the problem is caused by your system or router
  • focus your energy on YOUR ISP, which from your description is the most likely culprit of the issue (you provide precise experience hinting to traffic shaping and even blocks against protocols)

Kind regards

Try the Norway servers they get routed over Level3

It looks like your isp have routing problems with most datacenters Airvpn use m247 dc in Frankfurt Norway too but Norway is over Level3 Test it

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,

we agree that's very frustrating, but why do you look angry with us?

Hello, maybe there was a missundertanding and I want be straight, I'm not angry with you. As you know I'm a loyal member since years and there is no reason for me to change it!. I also agree with everything you wrote and I'm sure the problem is on my ISP's side because you guys has no interest at all to shape or limit traffic, I KNOW THAT, therefore I'll stay loyal to you in the future!

BUT let me be more precise about my "frustration". As you propably know, I have this issues since last year and I also did open a support ticket. I did many tests with your technical department and the conclusion was, that my ISP is the bad guy! I admit that it was not a surprise to me at all. Here is the thing, after these tests and conclusions I wrote to my ISP E-Mails and even letters and accused them for traffic shaping, blocking ports etc. To all my inquiries I've got basically the same answer again and again: "We are not blocking anything, we are not shaping, your VPN provider doesn't know what he is talking about....bla bla bla".

Now, what is frustrating me is, that I CAN'T PROVE them, that they're blocking this or that, or shaping etc. Is that even possible somehow to prove them (some serious test or analysis) that they are blocking this or that? Something, that I can attache to my letter, something that they can't deny or refuse???????? For example, I had some issue with my previous E-Mail provider and SSL. They did tell all the time that they're safe etc. Then, I simply ran a test on checktls, send them the results and the shut up. Weeks later my E-Mail passes the test.

Is threre some websites or software out there that can prove an ISP is blocking ports or shape traffic, protokolls etc.?

@dj77 I did the test on Fomalhaut/Norway and got 45 of 50 Mbit (UDP 443)! Now I'm on Alcyone/Netherland and also got 43 of 50 Mbit (UDP 443).

Update: I did run couple of tests and it really seem to be like only the Norway servers work flawless. The maximum I get is 45 of 50 Mbit on UDP 443. On any other servers air does not connect on UDP at all, but on TCP with 35 Mbit.

I think I'll open a support ticket and see where the journey goes.

Edited ... by ghostp

Hello!

We add here the answer to your ticket: it might be of general interest.

Hello!

Since some VPN servers provide you with good throughput, we are not sure that traffic shaping is enforced against your OpenVPN usage.

In general, here's a robust proof to show traffic shaping against OpenVPN or UDP, assuming that you have ruled out (and can prove the exclusion of) any possible QoS / packet filtering tool in your local network (including the router) of course.

Test a direct OpenVPN connection with UDP protocol to port 443. Perform various speed tests.

Then, test an "OpenVPN over SSL" connection to port 443 to the very same VPN server(s) you tested in the previous run. leaving any other setting absolutely identical. Also, anything related to networking in your system and router must remain unaltered. Perform the very same speed tests (your purpose is doing different measurements when the only variable in the tests is the connection mode - even the time of the day should be as similar as possible).

"OpenVPN over SSL" encrypts the OpenVPN tunnel inside the SSL tunnel, so that DPI can't detect anymore OpenVPN usage.

Now, OpenVPN over SSL in an agnostic network must be slower. The reasons:
- you add a remarkable overhead with the additional tunnel
- you force OpenVPN to work in TCP, which is less efficient than UDP due to how OpenVPN works

Therefore, if you get a throughput that's higher than or equal to the throughput you got with direct UDP, when all the conditions we mentioned are respected, you obtain a proof that your ISP "throttles" either UDP or OpenVPN.

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team

Hello!

We add here the answer to your ticket: it might be of general interest.

In general, here's a robust proof to show traffic shaping against OpenVPN or UDP, assuming that you have ruled out (and can prove the exclusion of) any possible QoS / packet filtering tool in your local network (including the router) of course.

Thank you very much for your fast responde. I did some tests on various servers in various countries exactly as you've described. I moved them to the support ticket.

Dear Staff,

is there any reason that the support team does not responde to my connection problems? I wrote them 5 days ago twice and nobody's answering :-(

Dear Staff,

is there any reason that the support team does not responde to my connection problems? I wrote them 5 days ago twice and nobody's answering :-(

Hello!

We see that the tickets queue is only 3 hours behind. Please re-check, your tickets (as far as we can see) have been ALL replied, including the last one.

Kind regards

Dear Staff,

Hello!

We see that the tickets queue is only 3 hours behind. Please re-check, your tickets (as far as we can see) have been ALL replied, including the last one.

Kind regards

On 04.12.2017 I did provide the support team lot of collected informations about connection tests, which the support team requested.

The very same day the support staff told me, that the collected informations hints to no traffic shaping enforced by my ISP. So far that was a very good information! BUT besides this, there still are lot of connection problems, which I've described.

On the 05.12.2017 I replied to this and asked if someone has an idea where the connection problem come from? ----nobody answered---

On the 08.12.2017 I asked again, in addition I asked why I can connect only to few servers and if there is any solution possible. ---again, got no answer---

Maybe you've replied to my questions but I really do not see them. There is also no skip to a secound page. Your very last reply is from 04.12.2017.

Try the Norway servers they get routed over Level3

It looks like your isp have routing problems with most datacenters Airvpn use m247 dc in Frankfurt Norway too but Norway is over Level3 Test it

It did work on Fomalhaut/Norway (UDP 443) perfectly for 10 months. Couple days ago Eddie can't connect like this anymore :-( I can only connect usind SSL. Are there any other Level3 servers that I can test?