Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.186.92
guppy

Android openVPN client for TAP mode?

After banging my head against this for two days I realize that it's because I need TAP not TUN   and  "OpenVPN for Android" can't do this.

The client named simply "OpenVPN Client" by colucci-web.it claims to be the only client to be able to use TAP without root - but given that their site says "under construction" http://www.colucci-web.it/home/ I'm a litte weary of paying for/installing the app. Just doesn't seem all that legit 

Does anyone know of a way to use an "on demand" TAP bridge on android, or is the "OpenVPN Client" indeed legit?

(my router also supports PPTP, but I know even less about this vpn than I do openvpn)

OpenVPN clients on Android in 2017 use the VPNService API of Android for establishing and maintaining VPN tunnels without root access. This API only ever supported tun mode.

I faintly remember a project which could emulate OpenVPN tun and tap mode through the use of Android's built-in IPsec, but that was before the VPNService API with Froyo/Gingerbread. The project is likely dead.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.