Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.150.163

I'm toying with the idea of switching to Arch Linux. Mostly, I have either been using Debian or debian based Linux distros. Has anyone had any issues with running the Eddie Client on Arch Linux? Any advice on things to look out for if I decide to put together my own install? I thought I would ask before I go through the process of installing the system on one of my computers. I LOVE the Eddie client and prefer to use it with AirVpn. Thanks for any replies or advice.

I used Eddie without problems on Manjaro, which is Arch for 'tards.  I just had to use a slightly older standalone version.

I use Eddie on Antergos (which is basically arch without its crap) without any problem since a couple of years. Just install it from AUR and you are good to go.

Eddie is working perfectly on Arch, so don't worry.

Congrats on choosing Arch Linux!

Hello all, I'm new to Arch (using Manjaro) and notice things arent as straight forward as other distros. Can anyone assist with steps to install and config airvpn?

Hello all, I'm new to Arch (using Manjaro) and notice things arent as straight forward as other distros. Can anyone assist with steps to install and config airvpn?

Hello,

I don't know about Manjaro but here is one way to install the client (if that's what you're looking for).

Download the package from the Arch User Repository:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/airvpn-bin.tar.gz

Extract the package, go to the folder airvpn-bin, open a terminal and type “makepkg”. If all dependencies are fulfilled, a package is being created which is called airvpn-bin-2.13.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

In the terminal you have to type the command to install the package:

sudo pacman -U  airvpn-bin-2.13.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Start the client by typing “sudo airvpn” into a terminal or via your menu → internet. You could also place a starter but I prefer starting in a terminal because I can follow if everything is working well.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:24 PM, wer said:

Hello,

I don't know about Manjaro but here is one way to install the client (if that's what you're looking for).

Download the package from the Arch User Repository:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/airvpn-bin.tar.gz

Extract the package, go to the folder airvpn-bin, open a terminal and type “makepkg”. If all dependencies are fulfilled, a package is being created which is called airvpn-bin-2.13.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

In the terminal you have to type the command to install the package:

sudo pacman -U  airvpn-bin-2.13.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Start the client by typing “sudo airvpn” into a terminal or via your menu → internet. You could also place a starter but I prefer starting in a terminal because I can follow if everything is working well.

hi so i am running Garuda Linux (newest) which is based on Arch, , on an x64 machine, and your directions do not work anymore.   The makepkg command fails to download the Eddie source tarball...
Is there a fix?

@ProphetPX try downloading the latest beta from here and check the comments. Looks like it was renamed to eddie-ui (stable) or eddie-ui-git (beta) a while back.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/eddie-ui-git