Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.131.168

This is not about condoning harassment this is about honouring your word. These 2 companies are scamming their customers. Are all such VPN companies doing the same thing?

He re-tweeted a tweet from "IPVanish" that read: "your privacy is our priority. That is why we have a strict zero log policy." Lin criticised the tweet, saying "there is no such thing as VPN that does not keep logs. If they can limit your connections or track bandwidth usage, they keep logs." PureVPN give his original home IP address to the investigators and they showed records of what accounts he accessed Gmail.com. PureVPN seems to have gone out of their way to provide more details then were necessary.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4082108-Lin-Affidavit.html

A VPN calling itself "Hide My Ass VPN"  did the same thing but on a larger scale:
https://invisibler.com/lulzsec-and-hidemyass/

Hi iphilip.

Firstly, I wanted to mention that both of these providers you have mentioned have been on been on blast before, especially Hide My Ass, which is known to not take your privacy seriously. The same also applies to the browser extension VPN hola, which is free, and as you should know, what's free means you are the product.

Secondly, I think it's good to be skeptical, especially when providers ask that you place their trust into their services. However, the two largest providers, AirVPN and PIA are both known to be trustworthy. In fact, the latter has already been tested in court, and I provide you a link for your reading pleasure: https://www.scribd.com/doc/303226103/Fake-bomb-threat-arrest. AirVPN, to the best of my knowledge, has never had or been compelled to do such a thing.

However, let's be clear about one thing; if ever a VPN company, like the two you have mentioned get questioned over their practices that is the time you ditch them and put them in your blacklist. Both Air and PIA have never had such accusations thrown at them in any credible way. And I can say for certainty if they had, I would not be writing to you right now.

All VPN providers big and small tread on eggshells; transparency is key (look at Air announcements forum, about why they remove servers) and absolute trust is required. If anyone even questions that, even if it's a total fabrication and lie, the service will crumble beneath itself. If many news outlets published "AirVPN logs you!" then the service would likely die overnight (at least, I'd blacklist them at the router level and never touch their property ever again).

So the tl;dr? Air and PIA are both trustworthy companies, and you should also do your own investigations and create the setup you feel is required to keep you safe (many have a subscription at both companies, maybe add many more layers on top. Air isn't the be all and end all to keep you 100% safe, and if they ever said that, you'd know to distrust them, they are just 1 extra layer, nothing more, nothing less).

Stay safe friend.

Hello!

I'll assume you're asking about AirVPNs credibility. I'll say that all VPN companies are definitely not the same.

Being "logless" is something of a marketing term in some regards, as there's a difference between providing information on things like bandwidth usage and actually watching what people are doing online.

There's also no need to outright log, if the security practices of the VPN in question are poor anyway, one might say .

It's nothing new that there's bad apples and that the ones you mentioned, have been implicated in bad practices. The best you can really do, is to vote with your feet.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.