Not connected, Your IP: 34.205.142.9
bayoumedic

ANSWERED netlock not working when disconnected by airvpn

setup:  headless ubuntu 14.01 

command:  sudo /usr/bin/airvpn -cli -login='xxxx' -password='xxxxx' -connect  -netlock

problem:  my subscription lapsed and when disconnected the netlock didn't work.  got about 10 torrent dmca warnings. lol

i have also seen this problem one other time.  I noticed that when i had no download limit set on my torrent app and it reached a certain limit my connection would die.  Im guessing on the server side.  I set a limit of 9mb down and that fixed it.  When it would disconnect again the netlock didn't work. 

I know the root of the problem is my procrastination but it would be cool if the netlock still protected me.  

With the GUI the IP tables set for network lock are independent of connection status.  I guess it's not the same for command line?

problem:  my subscription lapsed and when disconnected the netlock didn't work.  got about 10 torrent dmca warnings. lol

Network Lock is a set of iptables rules. When you shut down Eddie, Eddie restores the previous iptables rules. This is clearly specified in the guide and in the FAQ and it's very important that you're aware of that. Note: if Eddie crashes the iptables rules will not be changed and your system will remain under Network Lock. Apparently the only one to blame here is yourself.

Kind regards

With the GUI the IP tables set for network lock are independent of connection status.  I guess it's not the same for command line?

It's the same. Unfortunately the user quit Eddie, so the behavior is not only expected, but also explicitly planned to avoid big issues with "netlocked" devices of noobs. The user can blame only himself/herself for the unfortunate, reported circumstances: he/she broke the law (for his/her own admission) AND he/she didn't care to get informed about how Network Lock works, AND he/she let his/her subscription expire beyond the grace period.

Kind regards