Not connected, Your IP: 44.198.162.35
Asar

Airvpn V.S. Vpn.ac i have both which one should i keep?

Whats up Air family, i need a little help deciding on which service to keep.  after vpn hopping from, ipvanish, Expressvpn, Nordvpn, Perfect Privacy, Vypervpn, Zorrovpn, Vpn.ac, and now Air, i'm trying to figure out which to one keep, out of vpn.ac and airvpn.  i'm a gamer, i browse the web, and i have a firestick with kodi on it.  vpn.ac strikes me as a super secure provider based off of their features and the fact they damn near encrypt everything. however, airvpn seems just as security conscious just more laid back and transparent about what they do.  i need some other opinions besides my own so i can make a decision, i know i'm posting on an airvpn forum, but there's gotta be someone who was in my shoes before they made their decision. 

so can anyone help me out???????

Hello!

Why don't you try and see if you can get those services working for the areas you're interested in:

- Gaming

- Browsing

- Kodi

Since features don't matter, if you can't get things working. You can then assess the speed and usability. I have to wonder where you got the impression that Air was "laid back" though.

I'd suggest connecting to servers and then trying to play the games you normally play, to see which gives you the best connect; lowest latency/ms. Then, unless you haven't tried already, you could [see about installing AirVPN on the Firestick](https://airvpn.org/topic/21437-how-to-use-airvpn-with-amazon-fire-stick/). Other than that, I'd also suggest reading the fine print, if you really worry about security. For example, [it would seem that VPN.AC don't allow torrenting](https://vpn.ac/aup), while AirVPN does and [they have a restrictive P2P policy](https://vpn.ac/tos). It provides quite a lengthy list of do-nots and in the end that only makes one have to ask: are they watching their users? Since they'd almost have to, in order to find out if people violated their terms.

Then you can [look at their features:](https://vpn.ac/features)

Reclaim your privacy

• Double-hop connections for improved privacy and connection speed overseas
  •  
  • There is no activity logging or monitoring of our users’ Internet activity.
  •  
  • No logs, not even common Linux daemons, are kept on VPN servers.
  •  
  • Users' privacy is increased through shared IP addresses on VPN Nodes.
  •  
  • We don't use 3rd party tracking services on our web-site (Google Analytics, tracking beacons, “Like” buttons etc.).
  •  
  •  

AirVPN does all the above too.

DNS security & privacy done right
  • We use our own - private DNS resolvers for all DNS queries by our customers
  •  
  • All DNS queries are encrypted (AES 128-bit) to protect customers against 3rd party DNS monitoring and hijacking
  •  
  • DNS resolvers do not log DNS queries
  •  
  • We generate millions of DNS queries per day, and these are mixed with legitimate queries from VPN users to make sure that potential monitoring of our DNS resolvers will be ineffective
  •  

I believe AirVPN also does all these. Although I don't recall any talk of encryption on DNS specifically.

Service backed by a skilled team
  • Our core staff members have over 15 years of experience in security and networking.
  •  
  • There is no externalized support or ticket escalation, and no predefined copy-&-paste answers to your queries.
  •  
  • You talk directly to those who implemented the entire VPN infrastructure, and who have the required technical skills to assist you in any problem.
  •  

Same deal again, AirVPN does this too.

It just works
  • Easy to use VPN client software for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android compatible with all modern releases, working with all VPN protocols that we provide (OpenVPN, IPsec (IKEv2, L2TP), PPTP and pure TLS with our browser addon)
  •  
  • Step-by-step guides are provided for connection using all supported devices using OS built-it or 3rd party software, including screenshots and videos
  •  
  • Our service is tested with all modern Operating Systems and devices
  •  

Now there's a difference. Note they didn't mention Linux. AirVPN has a native Linux client - but doesn't have a client for Android; so their situation is reversed, as both can provide the files for the opposite platform in some way or another, but without an actual client. They also support more protocols than AirVPN does, as Air only supports OpenVPN. But that's on the basis that all the other ones are unsafe or a poor choice in some regard or other. They also don't make any mention of what standards their client software uses. Is it FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) for example? Such transparency is increasingly vital too. They also don't mention things like Tor or other privacy and security-enhancing features of their client. While by contrast, AirVPNs client gives you access to not only many protocols including SSH and SSL, but also Tor.

Fast and reliable
  • Most of our VPN servers are connected to 1000 Mb/s (gigabit) channels, with many speed and reliability tests being done before their deployment in our infrastructure
  •  
  • We do not oversell bandwidth, nor engage in volume-selling, and more VPN servers are regularly added to ensure against overuse of our locations; at any given time, available bandwidth speed greatly exceeds our users’ needs - usually at least 10-fold
  •  
  • No bandwidth speed throttle is set on VPN Nodes per connection/user basis and we are confident that you will match your ISP speed
  •  

I believe AirVPN is on par here too. It certainly has stringent requirements for both locations and hardware used. It's interesting to note that they didn't mention security of their locations, which leads one to believe they only focus on speed in that regard. But as is known, some locations are better than others. Which is one reason AirVPN doesn't have servers in Russia for example. But speaking of locations, it would seem Air has more locations than they but, while they have some locations that AirVPN doesn't offer, such as Japan. So this depends on your needs too.

Lastly I'd point out:

- Why is a Proxy needed? They say they dislike gimmicks, but this seems decidedly gimmicky if you ask me.

- They don't seem to provide as much transparency on their infrastructure as Air does.

- I see no mention of any killswitch/leak protection mechanisms and the absence of this would be a glaring mistake. By comparison Air has Network Lock. Useful in the case of disconnections and similar.

- They say bandwidth is [subject to "fair use" without specifying what that is](https://vpn.ac/tos), while Air doesn't have such restrictions I believe. There's certainly many people pulling TBs.

- For all intents and purposes, they do log somewhat. Even though the whole "logless" tag can be an act of marketing too.

- Slight inconsistency. They're against [P2P on servers where it's not allowed](https://vpn.ac/tos), but also say there's [no protocol restrictions](https://vpn.ac/vpn-accounts). But what about [bittorent then?](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent) As such, they also don't have a policy detailing what they'd do if anti-piracy organisations sent them notices; besides perhaps suspending user accounts.

- They don't mention if their VPN software is resistant to DPI; but they mention it with their Proxy Service, oddly.

- It doesn't appear that they have a forum like ours and can thus benefit from the various advantages of community.

In the end, it's what you make of it and what you need. They do a lot of things right in my book, in terms of security and privacy. But the devil is in the detail. Goodday

P.S. I did format it better, but the forum editing software has some silly bugs which appear if you post, then edit and delete something.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hi, I am in China, and I have tried more than a dozen vpn services. AC and Air are the two most reliable vpn services. I keep them both. If you have to pick one, in my experience, Air is a little bit faster than AC.  

AirVPN DNS ONLY with 128bit encryption ? a little bit and not exactly secure! Every other VPN provider has 256bit encryption!

AirVPN DNS ONLY with 128bit encryption ? a little bit and not exactly secure! Every other VPN provider has 256bit encryption!

You're wrong, both OpenVPN Data and Control Channel use AES with 256 bit keys.

Encryption of DNS queries is the same because each VPN servers, in Air, runs its own DNS servers inside the VPN so your queries and their replies never get out of the tunnel.

Just to understand, how did you manage to imagine such a scenario? AirVPN never used 128 bit keys, not even in the closed testings in 2010.  Understanding how someone can fabricate a building of false beliefs will help us improve our communications, thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Good Morning,

Thank you for the explanation and clarification. I only asked because this has been written here.

Thank you