Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.178.126

I have been using Air VPN for a few months now and everything was working fine.

As of a few days ago nothing I do will make the ports forward as they used to. I changed nothing, no setting, it just stopped working all the sudden. 

The test on this site says "Not reachable on server IP over the external port "my port", tcp protocol. Error : 101 - Connection timed out - Checked 217 seconds ago"

If I turn AirVPN off my ports forward in green, meaning they work. But, turning Air Vpn on red, meaning port is not open. I tried on various sites that test ports and all say not working. I never had this issue, things worked just fine. Now all the sudden, it wont work.

Again. I have changed no setting on anything, it just stopped working. I checked my router and things are as they were before, I unplugged my router for a few min and plugged back in to do the hard recycle of it and still no ports forwarded if Air VPN is on. 

Any ideas as to what is going on? 

Update: I got it fixed. Somehow my Internal IP was changed on my router port (even though I never changed it) and setting that right fixed it. 

This issue is back. I changed nothing, and now my ports don't show as forwarded. In fact, when I even go online to sites that check your ports, NONE of them show as open. I have checked my settings and nothing was changed. My IP address, anything. I am perplexed as to what the issue is. I have done power cycle on my modem and router (a few times actually), checked for update to my router, checked and double checked settings. Still, no ports forward like they used to. 

Hello!

Could you please clarify:

- Where you're forwarding your ports. Are you doing this only on your router, through the Air site or both?

- Why are you forwarding your ports. Is it for torrenting for example? If so, then ensure no settings there are changing; such as if ports are set to automatically change.

- Are you running Air from your router or through a regular client like Eddie?

Thankyou.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Port is forwarded on my router and AirVPN (the port I have picked on this site), as I always have. 

I forward for torrent (old version of uTorrent). No settings have changed. 

I am ruining AirVPN from my PC with Eddie, as I always have. 

Again, I have had this set up for months and things worked fine. Now all the sudden they don't. 

Port is forwarded on my router and AirVPN (the port I have picked on this site), as I always have. 

I forward for torrent (old version of uTorrent). No settings have changed. 

Again, I have had this set up for months and things worked fine. Now all the sudden they don't. 

All proper guides on this site say you DO NOT forward ports on your router if you are using AirVPN Eddie on your PC.

As others said, you shouldn't be forwarding on your router.

So make sure your router isn't forwarding anything, keep the port on this site you already forwarded and then ensure that port matches the one in your torrent client. Run Eddie. That should fix it.

If unsure, you may also refer to some guides in the link in my signature, for more details on configuring a torrent client. It may also be beneficial if you use a newer torrent client, such as qBittorent.

We will not soon forget this betrayal by our dearest Eddie and his accomplice

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

So then explain why everything worked just fine before with me doing the things you said NOT to do? I was also told directly from another person to have ports in my Router open. 

And, where the heck am I supposed to run Eddie from if not on my PC? 

This is confusing me, beucase I have used things the way I have them set up for eons, and had not problem. Now all the sudden it doesn;t work and you are telling me I had it all wrong...yet it worked fine before?

EDIT: I changed the open port in my router to be different than the one on here for my torrent. And, still doing the same thing. 

So then explain why everything worked just fine before with me doing the things you said NOT to do? I was also told directly from another person to have ports in my Router open. 

And, where the heck am I supposed to run Eddie from if not on my PC? 

Some people run an openvpn client on their router, etc.  In that case, ports do need to be opened on the router.  But, not using the usual port forward which goes from WAN to LAN but with iptables so you can specify TUN to LAN.

When running Eddie on a PC the encrypted tunnel goes from your PC to the VPN server.  Your router only sees the 1 connection your PC and the VPN server communicate on.  Everything happens inside that 1 encrypted connection.  Thus it's called "tunnel".  So, please understand that your router isn't even capable of selectively allowing connections to be established from "outside" through that VPN tunnel because it doesn't even see all the connections happening inside that tunnel.

Anyway, port forwarding is working for thousands of people as I write this.  If it were not so we'd see a LOT more posts about it.

Now I am confused and don't even know how to get this working again then. I read through all the instructions and find it all perplexing, and I am pretty PC literate. 

Now I am confused and don't even know how to get this working again then. I read through all the instructions and find it all perplexing, and I am pretty PC literate. 

it's really simple

1) turn of UPnP and NAT-PMP in your torrent client

1) forward a port on this web site

2) enter that port that's assigned to you where applicable in your torrent client

If that doesn't work when it did before then may I ask if you've installed or update some software, such as firewall, or other "security" software?

Are you binding your torrent client to the TAP adapter?

Are you using the network lock in Eddie?

1) Ok, I turned UPnP and NAT-PMP off. (the problem with doing that is I cannot run a test in Utorrent to see if port is open)

2) I already have a port forwarded on this site

3) I have that same port "port used for incoming connections" entered into my Utorrent.

So I just did the Port Forward test here on the site, and still getting "Not reachable on server IP over the external port "my port", tcp protocol. Error : 101 - Connection timed out"

You said "If that doesn't work when it did before then may I ask if you've installed or update some software, such as firewall, or other "security" software?"

Answer is I have not updated anything. 

"Are you binding your torrent client to the TAP adapter?"

I don't know what that is. 

"Are you using the network lock in Eddie?"

yes

The only thing I have done on my PC lately is set it up to remain the same IP address by making it a static IP, but this issue I am having was there before I did that. 

1) Ok, I turned UPnP and NAT-PMP off. (the problem with doing that is I cannot run a test in Utorrent to see if port is open)

2) I already have a port forwarded on this site

3) I have that same port "port used for incoming connections" entered into my Utorrent.

So I just did the Port Forward test here on the site, and still getting "Not reachable on server IP over the external port "my port", tcp protocol. Error : 101 - Connection timed out"

You said "If that doesn't work when it did before then may I ask if you've installed or update some software, such as firewall, or other "security" software?"

Answer is I have not updated anything. 

"Are you binding your torrent client to the TAP adapter?"

I don't know what that is. 

"Are you using the network lock in Eddie?"

yes

The only thing I have done on my PC lately is set it up to remain the same IP address by making it a static IP, but this issue I am having was there before I did that. 

Does any traffic flow to/from utorrent even if port forwarding isn't working?  Or is it completely not working?  You didn't happen to mess with proxy settings or something?

It's probably time to switch to qbittorrent anyway, considering the fact that utorrent is in big trouble for a security vulnerability.

Qbittorrent can be bound to the TAP adapter which is another level of security as you don't have to worry about it trying to make connections outside the VPN tunnel.

I can still torrent just fine. My speeds are normal (I am right now actually). I didn't mess with any proxy settings, because I never have. I changed nothing. One day I did the test and it no longer shows my port forwarded on this site. I have tried everything, and it still wont show as Green. In fact, even with torrent off and AIRvpn off, the ports I have forwarded in my Router wont show as forwarded either on sites that can chech them and those always showed as open before. I have power cycled, many times as well. Everything used to be just fine, I had things set for years, and now all the sudden it wont work anymore and I Have changed nothing. 

TAP. I have no idea what that is. I have been torrenting for many many years and never bound anything to TAP, whatever that is. 

So, I really just don't know what to do. I am utterly perplexed as to what is going on, SOMETHING is wrong with ports. 

I completely removed the Port Forward rule for my torrent program in my Router. So now if I put the same port # I have for the port from this site as the port # to use in my torrent program, it comes up as red (meaning bad and can be viewed). I was told to set it that way (if you read a comment above) and it is supposed to be Green when you set it that way. It;s NOT. 

I just need some help. lol. I have had NO problems with things for years, and now all the sudden ports wont show as open or green like they always have. 

Also, I went ahead and downloaded Qbittorrent and am using that now. 

So, you guys aren;t going to believe this:

I just did the port test on here, and it's green. I changed nothing, no settings, anything. 

The only thing I changed is the server I connect to, I am using Aquila, California. So, apparently the Persei server in California is not working properly for ports, because that is the one I have been using all this time the problem has been going on.

So as you can see, it was not me or my settings, it was the AIRVpn server. 

I put in a Contact with AirVPN to explain the issue with their server, Hopefully they can fix it. That server for some reason has MUCH faster speeds than all the others. 

And yet there's nothing wrong with Persei. If anything, Aquila is the one with the logged line problems at some points and yet you're fine, which can just as well mean the issue was something on your end.

So, you guys aren;t going to believe this:

I just did the port test on here, and it's green. I changed nothing, no settings, anything. 

The only thing I changed is the server I connect to, I am using Aquila, California. So, apparently the Persei server in California is not working properly for ports, because that is the one I have been using all this time the problem has been going on.

I put in a Contact with AirVPN to explain the issue with their server, Hopefully they can fix it. That server for some reason has MUCH faster speeds than all the others. 

The reason it has faster speeds is most likely due to your specific network conditions, in terms of hardware, ISP, peering and so on and not because there's something wrong with other locations.

If it was the fault of Air, don't you think many more of the current 94 users would be writing about it? The forums are certainly quickly flooded by near-identical posts when and if it's something on Airs end.

I ran the same test as you and it's green on my end. Please try: 

• Connect to Persei.
  • In qBittorent>Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Optional IP Address to Bind to (requires restart)>Click the dropdown and you should see an address. Click it.
  • In the same area, in the box on top, under "Network Interface (requires restart)" set it to tun0, which should be possible.
  • Then click "Apply".
  • Then try the TCP test in the port-forwarding area on this site. It should be green. You'll see it saying "Checking port XXXX for internal IP 10.x.x.x completed." If you ensure the 10.x address is the same as in the point 2 dropdown, it'll show green in the TCP test. But if qBittorent is restarted, that address may change and thus the TCP test doesn't show as green on the site. Which you actually alluded to in your second post, but just on your router.

Did you not change any settings in qBittorent, after installing it? Because you would for instance need to disable things like NAT-PMP again, as you did in Utorrent.

At any rate, there's a guide to setting up qBittorent properly, that I suggest you take a look at, in the link in my signature. Just so we don't need to repeat it all here.

On the other hand, if you're getting the performance you want while torrenting, regardless of all of this, then you may as well not forward any ports I suppose, but merely go to ipleak.net, download the test torrent and check for leaks. If there's no leaks of your real IP, then you're essentially in the clear anyway . I also don't think you answered gonk regarding if you use third party security software or not. You seemed to only say you hadn't updated any.

This is also a really bold statement to make, looking back at this thread, which has been running for 6 months. As Air support has been contacted and you made some progress, I think it's safe to stop here. Locked.