Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.147
praon

How do I run two VPN services on Win 10 and avoid adapter clash?

For a particular reason I need to run AirVPN and another VPN service [PIA] on the same Windows 10 1703 computer. Not at the same time, but both need to be usable.

Trouble is, PIA appears to make changes to the TAP V9 adapter which AirVPN appears to find unacceptable. AirVPN's 'interfact hack' goes round in a loop, and service then disconnects. I have to reset the network stack and disable/enable adapters to get connection back.

My question: is there a way to run two different VPN services which use the same adapter on the same Win 10 computer while avoiding this adapter clash?

Separate adapters? How might I achieve that, if it's the way forward?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I run Windscribe and Air on the same machine, not at the same time though,  win 10 creators (*^&!!F!) edition and have no problems.  Windscribe has a separate tap file from Air, shows up as a separate ethernet adapter.  Those two software(?) adapters use the same physical hardware adapters, wi fi or wired ethernet depending on how I connect to our router.

Not familiar with PIA but above is how Windscribe works.