Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.217.172
Adzkii

extremely slow downloads speed for torrents!

I have a good speed internet connection, hitting above 25-30mpbs in downloads. but when torrenting i only get 512kb+ in downloads.

i portforwarded, checked all ports but shows my ports are blocked or connection timed out. takes hours just to download 1gb file in torrent client.

any help would be great.

cheers!

how long have you left torrents running?

what torrent client are you using?

do you have "utp"  turned on?

look at the images attached, i'm using transmission torrent client. takes roughly 2 hours to complete a 800mb file, without the vpn i can get this completed in 15mins

utp is turned off (now)

look at the images attached, i'm using transmission torrent client. takes roughly 2 hours to complete a 800mb file, without the vpn i can get this completed in 15mins

utp is turned off (now)

The reason I ask about time is because depending on the environment the system may write out the space needed on the hard drive as soon as the torrent is started.  Since the hard drive is in 100% use for a time the torrent speed drops to 0.  Once the hard drive is done writing torrent speed goes up.  But, it sounds like you've been very patient.

utp is turned off (now)

The reason I ask about time is because depending on the environment the system may write out the space needed on the hard drive as soon as the torrent is started.  Since the hard drive is in 100% use for a time the torrent speed drops to 0.  Once the hard drive is done writing torrent speed goes up.  But, it sounds like you've been very patient.

forums not active, so what can you do besides being patient

The biggest problem is your port. It's important that your port is open and your torrent client is able to connect to DHT nodes.I recently had a problem that my port wasn't open even though I had it properly configured for months. I just deleted by old port and opened a new one. That fixed the problem. I'd recommend using qBittorrent and leave settings at default except disabling UPnP and put your port in the box. Use canyouseeme.org to test while running your client. The yellow button should turn green and you should start to see DHT nodes go up if you have a file downloading.

The biggest problem is your port. It's important that your port is open and your torrent client is able to connect to DHT nodes.I recently had a problem that my port wasn't open even though I had it properly configured for months. I just deleted by old port and opened a new one. That fixed the problem. I'd recommend using qBittorrent and leave settings at default except disabling UPnP and put your port in the box. Use canyouseeme.org to test while running your client. The yellow button should turn green and you should start to see DHT nodes go up if you have a file downloading.

my port is already is portforwarded, but airvpn shows connection timeout whenever i try to test to see if the port's open or not, also checked with other sites that let's you check your port's but shows time outs, not sure why.

my port is already is portforwarded, but airvpn shows connection timeout whenever i try to test to see if the port's open or not, also checked with other sites that let's you check your port's but shows time outs, not sure why.

something's wrong with your port forwarding then.  you're using Eddie on windows?

As I said, try opening up another port or delete the old one and open up a new one.

If that still doesn't work check your firewall if you've allowed the app and try qBittorrent.