Not connected, Your IP: 34.238.138.162
Veep Peep

Am I protected from this with AirVPN

Hello,

The VPN client uses a network lock, but can these techniques capture my person info:

blurb:

When a user opened the spreadsheet, it would silently connect to a server controlled by police. Investigators would receive their real IP address, and not the anonymous IP address they would otherwise be assigned by Tor.

and

have embedded tiny invisible images inside emails for years to track who opens their emails, at what time, and from where.

How do I protect myself from this?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello!

1) Enable Network Lock.

2) Make sure that your e-mail client does not open automatically any embedded URL with any program (browser or anything else). This is the default behavior in Thunderbird, if we're not mistaken. AirVPN will protect you anyway provided that you keep Network Lock enabled just in case the linked resource tries something like WebRTC.

Actually, the reported techniques were used in the remote past and often with success. However they are quite rudimentary and nowadays they have mainly a didactic purpose. They were used in the proto-investigation techniques which were soon to be shaped around 20 years ago. Today you might catch some naive wannabe "cracker" or maybe some script kiddie with them...

Kind regards

Hello!

I enable Network Lock!!!!

Thanks for your feedback!

1) Enable Network Lock.

2) Make sure that your e-mail client does not open automatically any embedded URL with any program (browser or anything else). This is the default behavior in Thunderbird, if we're not mistaken. AirVPN will protect you anyway provided that you keep Network Lock enabled just in case the linked resource tries something like WebRTC.

Actually, the reported techniques were used in the remote past and often with success. However they are quite rudimentary and nowadays they have mainly a didactic purpose. They were used in the proto-investigation techniques which were soon to be shaped around 20 years ago. Today you might catch some naive wannabe "cracker" or maybe some script kiddie with them...

Kind regards