Not connected, Your IP: 44.205.5.65
Arceon

[Linux Mint] No internet without AirVPN connection, AirVPN client does show servers

I am experiencing a problem on my Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, GNOME. I use the AirVPN client.

Recently, my AirVPN subscription expired (I plan on extending it). Occasionally when I boot my system, I can't establish a connection to the internet until I connect to an AirVPN server. Since my subscription expired, I can't remedy this issue now by connecting to an AirVPN server. The AirVPN client does show the servers.

How can I remedy this issue and gain access to the internet without being connected to an AirVPN server?

- IPv4 DNS *is* set to automatic

- Firewall is currently off

I am experiencing a problem on my Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, GNOME. I use the AirVPN client. Recently, my AirVPN subscription expired (I plan on extending it). Occasionally when I boot my system, I can't establish a connection to the internet until I connect to an AirVPN server. Since my subscription expired, I can't remedy this issue now by connecting to an AirVPN server. The AirVPN client does show the servers. How can I remedy this issue and gain access to the internet without being connected to an AirVPN server? - IPv4 DNS *is* set to automatic - Firewall is currently off

If you used Eddie,try to "Deactivate networklock".For this you have to start Eddie again.Sometimes i forget the internet lock also .

​Gr,Casper

Uninstall Eddie ,

In Menu search "Sources" Verify than eddie is removed from depots and authentification keys too.

Reinstall Eddie

That's all folk ;o)

I am experiencing a problem on my Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, GNOME. I use the AirVPN client. Recently, my AirVPN subscription expired (I plan on extending it). Occasionally when I boot my system, I can't establish a connection to the internet until I connect to an AirVPN server. Since my subscription expired, I can't remedy this issue now by connecting to an AirVPN server. The AirVPN client does show the servers. How can I remedy this issue and gain access to the internet without being connected to an AirVPN server? - IPv4 DNS *is* set to automatic - Firewall is currently off

If you used Eddie,try to "Deactivate networklock".For this you have to start Eddie again.Sometimes i forget the internet lock also .

​Gr,Casper

I verified the lock was off.

Uninstall Eddie ,

In Menu search "Sources" Verify than eddie is removed from depots and authentification keys too.

Reinstall Eddie

That's all folk ;o)

After uninstalling AirVPN, and deleting the ~/.airvpn folder, and making sure Sources is OK, the problem still persists.

After reinstalling Eddie after this, the provblem still persists.

EDIT: [sOLVED]

I stumbled upon this thread (yes, I searched before creating this thread, however, I did not find said thread). The method detailed in this thread remedied my issue!

​Gr,Casper

I verified the lock was off.

>Uninstall Eddie ,

Reinstall Eddie

That's all folk ;o)

After uninstalling AirVPN, and deleting the ~/.airvpn folder, and making sure Sources is OK, the problem still persists.

After reinstalling Eddie after this, the provblem still persists.

EDIT: [sOLVED]

I stumbled upon this thread (yes, I searched before creating this thread, however, I did not find said thread). The method detailed in this thread remedied my issue!

Glad it helped. I didn't post that until yesterday afternoon, so it probably wasn't there when you searched.

I am also on Linux Mint 17.3 64b and having same issue - when AirVPN not connected I cannot get internet. Network lock is not enabled. I tried the steps on the thread referenced but it didn't work. I will post there just to clarify I am doing right....