Not connected, Your IP: 3.83.81.42
Sign in to follow this  
gonashimusha

Mac OS X Mavericks DNS leakage

Hi

I tried accessing some torrent sites in the UK yesterday while using AirVPN (Eddie client, connected to Atik, Netherlands server) and they still seemed to be blocked "by the high court" which led me to believe that somehow the VPN isn't working on that there's a leak as it's seeing that I'm in the UK. So I went to https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ and it says I'm in the Netherlands, which seems correct as that's the server I've connected to but then when I do the standard test, it shows me 4 servers with my country and ISP provider. I have enabled Network Lock at startup in the preferences but that doesn't seem to change anything. Is there something else I should be doing? Sorry I'm new to this. Why would I not be able to access these sites if I'm connected to the Netherlands where they're not blocked?

Thanks.

EDIT: El Capitan, not Mavericks!

Sorry I meant El Capitan, not Mavericks..!

Ok, install the latest Eddie beta download. Make sure Eddie is closed, delete the whole .airvpn folder here  /Users/"Your Username"/.airvpn

Then open Eddie and sign in, enable network lock and test the ons leak test again.

It is now telling me "Unable to start PF firewall". Any idea what the issue could be? I followed your steps in reinstalling. Thanks for the help by the way!

May post in your thread? I hope so. =) Related issue.

If it helps at all I'm using Disable WebRTC add on for Firefox and seems to have taken care of the leak, at least for browsing.

I also get "Unable to start PF firewall" when I activate the "Network Lock" feature. Eddie 2.13.5, El Capitan.

Also, if I try to connect over Tor within the Eddie prefs (tests fine) it will freeze upon trying to save the preferences and I have to force quite it.

I'd like to get the Network Lock working asap, and eventually sort out the Tor issue, should I need it.

Thanks

May post in your thread? I hope so. =) Related issue. If it helps at all I'm using Disable WebRTC add on for Firefox and seems to have taken care of the leak, at least for browsing. I also get "Unable to start PF firewall" when I activate the "Network Lock" feature. Eddie 2.13.5, El Capitan. Also, if I try to connect over Tor within the Eddie prefs (tests fine) it will freeze upon trying to save the preferences and I have to force quite it. I'd like to get the Network Lock working asap, and eventually sort out the Tor issue, should I need it. Thanks

Update to macOS Sierra and Make sure Eddie is closed, delete the whole .airvpn folder here  /Users/"Your Username"/.airvpn

Then open Eddie and sign in, enable network lock and test the ons leak test again.

Update to macOS Sierra and Make sure Eddie is closed, delete the whole .airvpn folder here  /Users/"Your Username"/.airvpn

I'd really like to avoid Sierra. It would be a shame to update to Sierra, screw up a stable environment for my other purposes, just to find out I still can't save preferences and or activate the Network Lock feature. The client is working fine besides those two issues and I'd like to try alternative solutions.

It might help to know why the client is "Unable to start PF firewall", and what that means, for example. If it helps I'm using Little Snitch 3.7 with built in OS firewall off.

I'd really like to avoid Sierra. It would be a shame to update to Sierra, screw up a stable environment for my other purposes, just to find out I still can't save preferences and or activate the Network Lock feature. The client is working fine besides those two issues and I'd like to try alternative solutions.

It might help to know why the client is "Unable to start PF firewall", and what that means, for example. If it helps I'm using Little Snitch 3.7 with built in OS firewall off.

macOS Sierra is stable. You might want to disable/uninstall little snitch and see if Eddie works correctly.

Sorry, what I mean by "stable environment" is stable for my old soft I depend on and I cant afford to upgrade at the moment.

I tried taking LS out of the equation, still get the error.

Thanks for trying to help by the way.

Edit: Interesting. I decided to try an older version of Eddie, 2.12.4 and Network Lock activates fine. I'll give it shot and see how this version does.

I still seem to have the same problem after updating to Sierra and the latest version of eddie.. the "Unable to start PF firewall" is gone but the leak is still there.. any idea what else it could be?

I still seem to have the same problem after updating to Sierra and the latest version of eddie.. the "Unable to start PF firewall" is gone but the leak is still there.. any idea what else it could be?

1.Update to the latest Eddie beta download.

2.Make sure Eddie is closed, delete the whole .airvpn folder here  /Users/"Your Username"/.airvpn

3.Then open Eddie and sign in, enable network lock and test the ons leak test again.