Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.43.88
Sign in to follow this  
Half Dead

DDNS not updating my IP?

I have a basic Apache server running behind my VPN, which forwards the necessary ports and assigns a DDNS name to the exit IP. It works initially, and I'm able to use the name to access my apache server -- for awhile. Sooner or later, the exit IP changes but my DDNS does not automatically update like it (presumably) should. I ran a DDNS report, and all the DNS servers are pointing to a now defunct address. The only way I can update it is to re-do the port forwarding rule with the name assignment. Server-side is nothing special. It automatically connects using an OpenVPN config file, but is otherwise untouched.

How do I trigger a DDNS name update without having to re-do my port forwarding and name assignments every time? Do I need to configure my OpenVPN files to trigger DDNS updates?

I came across this same problem today. The DDNS provider (NOIP) tells me that they are blocking my updates because of excessive update rate. I have my DUC set to update at the normal 30 min. This is occurring because half a dozen other users are using the same IP address which results in too frequent updates. I had assumed that my exit IP is unique to me but apparently this is not so.

Can anyone confirm this?

I came across this same problem today. The DDNS provider (NOIP) tells me that they are blocking my updates because of excessive update rate. I have my DUC set to update at the normal 30 min. This is occurring because half a dozen other users are using the same IP address which results in too frequent updates. I had assumed that my exit IP is unique to me but apparently this is not so.

Can anyone confirm this?

Please do not hijack threads, this has nothing to do with the OP problem. Exit-IP addresses of VPN servers are shared, this feature is intended and a key to enhance the anonymity layer.

Kind regards

I have a basic Apache server running behind my VPN, which forwards the necessary ports and assigns a DDNS name to the exit IP. It works initially, and I'm able to use the name to access my apache server -- for awhile. Sooner or later, the exit IP changes but my DDNS does not automatically update like it (presumably) should. I ran a DDNS report, and all the DNS servers are pointing to a now defunct address. The only way I can update it is to re-do the port forwarding rule with the name assignment. Server-side is nothing special. It automatically connects using an OpenVPN config file, but is otherwise untouched.

How do I trigger a DDNS name update without having to re-do my port forwarding and name assignments every time? Do I need to configure my OpenVPN files to trigger DDNS updates?

Hello!

This is unexpected and deserves an investigation, thank you for the head up.

EDIT: we're sorry, the account does not have any forwarded port and/or any linked name for our DDNS. Maybe you use different accounts. Please open a ticket to clarify and let us check the issue.

Kind regards