Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.205.154
framura

Servers with openvpn 2.4.x

Hi,

yesterday I upgraded my router (I use opnsense, a pfsense's fork) to openvpn 2.4.3 and I would like to try to use AES-256-GCM.

I think I must to connect to a AirVPN's server with openvpn 2.4.x: how can I found which servers have 2.4.x version?

TIA

On the status page click on any server name and their page will come up with use graphs and other info, such as openvpn version.  I'd like to hear from you what speed increase you get.

For a theoretical test, try this https://airvpn.org/topic/18322-how-to-quicly-test-theoretical-openvpn-throughput/?hl=%2Btheoretical+%2Bopenvpn+%2Bthroughput, using both AES-256-CBC (as it's written) but also AES-256-GCM.

Thanks,

I was hoping in a better (global) search.

Anyway, I use my router with three different openvpn connections and I am modifying each of them to switch from AES-256-CBC to AES-256-GCM.

I noted that only few servers have openvpn 2.4 and, for example, in UK, there isn't no one.

I don't expect to get a speed increase (maybe just a little) but a lower CPU consumption.

Hi,

I just configured two openvpn connections with AES-256-GCM (with CH server and NL server, I haven't found any server in UK with openvpn 2.4).

Now I will try some tests (speed performance and my router CPU consumption).