Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.65.189
PeerGynnt

Likes and dislikes (IPv6)

​​Hi guys, what I like is the speed, an interface on Windows although I use Linux much more.

Ok, what I would like to see is in AIRVPN News or RSS-subscription or email warning, the latest security risks. I use AIRVPN for a while now butjust this week it turns out  that there is a IPv6 leak!! Although not visible when testing it on ipleak.net.

That means that I was very visible on a lot of networks and not anonymous at all!!  I try to be very carefull, not for criminal reasons, more as a principle, a way of living so to say. So, that was a major dissapointment in AirVPN. 

Because I´m not a technician but amateur user. As soon as I found out I did a little research and it turns out that you can disable IPv6.  What I did was follw the instructions [cut, no ads, Staff] That worked as a charm and the site that was able to track me, now shows the AIRVPN route as it should. So people, be advised.....disable IPv6 as long as there is no other solution offered.

As ​stated before, I´m just a simple user and chose AIVPN to be protected by professionals. Although I´m very satisfied overall, I´m worried about the next hole or leak that I´m not aware off. So, people of AIRVPN, please keep us pro-actively informed about security and privacy issues if you please. Sincere, Peer

Ok, what I would like to see is in AIRVPN News or RSS-subscription or email warning, the latest security risks. I use AIRVPN for a while now butjust this week it turns out  that there is a IPv6 leak!! Although not visible when testing it on ipleak.net.

Hello,

if you don't run Eddie (our client software), you need to take care yourself of IPv6. IPv6 full support in AirVPN is planned for the end of 2017.

If you run Eddie you are protected from IPv6 leaks, except on GNU/Linux. Just enable Network Lock and you are protected against IPv6 leaks in Linux as well. That's all.

Kind regards

Also, you mentioned that most of the time you are on linux.  It is rudimentary to completely disable IPV6 during boot of linux.  That way regardless of what you do, such as an operator error of some kind, there is NO IPV6 even available to you or to any adversary.  This is the approach I take, even though Eddie is supposed to handle it via network lock.  I like to take control myself where such control is easily available.  Suggestion only here.

Hi Staff,

You suggest:

Just enable Network Lock and you are protected against IPv6 leaks in Linux as well.

It took me a while to find out where that command should work because a terminal does not recognise it.

It would prefer a little more clientfriendliness.

In that matter: I did nog know that there is an Eddie for Linux also.

It wasn´t the case when I became a client.

As the IPv6 security breach I had to find that out myself as well although I´m pretty sure that I signed up for a newsletter.

But I´m glad that Eddie is there and works on Linux Mint becaause the file that I generated via the configuration generator did not work! Very strange because I use Xubuntu on antoher laptop and that works fine. I even installed every network manager flavor but eilaas. But ok, for now I can suft via VPN again.

Hi Staff,

You suggest:

Just enable Network Lock and you are protected against IPv6 leaks in Linux as well.

It took me a while to find out where that command should work because a terminal does not recognise it.

Hello!

When you run Eddie in a terminal, specify -netlock option to activate Network Lock. See Eddie manual.

From the GUI, click the very big "Activate Network Lock" button in the middle of the main window to activate Network Lock. You can also tell Eddie to activate Network Lock at startup in preferences.

Frankly we have no idea on how to make Network Lock easier to activate.

Kind regards

Popup on launch which disables all buttons and makes the NetLock button as big as the window, with flashing text and some arrows all over the monitor pointing to the button, like those "you are the 1.000.000th visitor on this site" ads.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Popup on launch which disables all buttons and makes the NetLock button as big as the window, with flashing text and some arrows all over the monitor pointing to the button, like those "you are the 1.000.000th visitor on this site" ads.

I guarantee some people would still not see it.

Hi, I've read all above as I can see on the airvpn.org homepage that there is a leak on IPv6 (red exclamation mark). On ipleak.net it doesn't pick it up. I've had Airvpn since 4-5 years ago on a macSierra and a couple of weeks ago I've changed my internet provider. The network lock is on at all times. I'm a novice user but I would like to know if there is a solution for this issue. 

Regards, 

If you use a command line client, then reading the help information or an info page is fundamental. The help information with the Airvpn clent is there, and it tells you how to implement the netlock. There is literally no other way to do that in this type of basically non-interactive CLI programme.

Hi Staff,

You suggest:

Hello,

the correct option is "-netlock" as clearly specified in the instructions.

Also type "airvpn -cli -help" or "man airvpn" to print the manual.

It would prefer a little more clientfriendliness.

In that matter: I did nog know that there is an Eddie for Linux also.

It is clearly specified in the guides, in the welcome e-mail that's sent when you subscribe to the service, in the dedicated forum and in the instructions for various Operating Systems.

It wasn´t the case when I became a client.

As the IPv6 security breach I had to find that out myself as well although I´m pretty sure that I signed up for a newsletter.

There is no security breach.

But I´m glad that Eddie is there and works on Linux Mint becaause the file that I generated via the configuration generator did not work! Very strange because I use Xubuntu on antoher laptop and that works fine. I even installed every network manager flavor but eilaas. But ok, for now I can suft via VPN again.

If you use a command line client, then reading the help information or an info page is fundamental. The help information with the Airvpn clent is there, and it tells you how to implement the netlock. There is literally no other way to do that in this type of basically non-interactive CLI programme.

We're glad too even if we are somehow puzzled to read your initial concerns. Perhaps they were just caused by a lack of information. You MUST read our instructions and you will be just fine.

Kind regards