Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.192.3

Hello,

I've got the latest version of Eddie in a DMG and it is now on my Mac. When I launch it, however, it doesn't bring anything into focus and the icon remains grey. I can't bring anything from it into focus, though it seems to respond fine to Quit, asking me if I'm sure.

Please help me get it working. I did a search and others are having the same issue and they're not being helped.

download the latest beta. download

And if the beta doesn't work Close airVPNs app, and delete the hidden folder /Users/"your username here"/.airvpn

and open Eddie and sign in.

The same issue remains. I deleted the folder and re-ran Eddie without any noticeable change. The app asks for permission to make changes, then seemingly goes to the background (I don't see a window open and can't swap to it). There's no familiar login window.

When I try to Quit the app, it responds immediately and let's me say yes or no. I keep clicking on the icon but it just refuses to come into focus with any window.

EDIT:

It was working but I missed that it was in the top right on the file menu and trying to get it launching from the dock wasn't working. After accessing it from the file menu then it also works from the dock. I contribute this to mostly user error, hehe,

I need some help with this too. I just bought a new Macbook Pro [current model running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 updated today to latest version]. I downloaded Eddie 2.13.6 [latest] and it seemed to install file. I go to the application folder and launch the app. It prompts for my password to make changes. A grey icon appears in the dock for Eddie and at the top of the screen are menus for Eddie which I can interact with. For example I can go to "About Eddie." But there are no windows. I can't find anyway to login and connect to AirVPN. It exits fine. I deleted the .airvpn folder in my user account folder and started it again but I have the same issue. There are no windows and no way to login, select a sever and connect. I've never used Eddie before. I must be doing something pretty stupid. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I need some help with this too. I just bought a new Macbook Pro [current model running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 updated today to latest version]. I downloaded Eddie 2.13.6 [latest] and it seemed to install file. I go to the application folder and launch the app. It prompts for my password to make changes. A grey icon appears in the dock for Eddie and at the top of the screen are menus for Eddie which I can interact with. For example I can go to "About Eddie." But there are no windows. I can't find anyway to login and connect to AirVPN. It exits fine. I deleted the .airvpn folder in my user account folder and started it again but I have the same issue. There are no windows and no way to login, select a sever and connect. I've never used Eddie before. I must be doing something pretty stupid. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Get the beta - link further up in this thread. Once it is running, there is an option in the preferences to 'Start visible'. Restart, and you should have your window. 

Why it does not start visible by default is a bit of a mystery to me, but at least this worked for me. 

Yes, it also took me quite a while to figure out. I downloaded Eddie 2.13.6 a few days ago (macOS, 64Bit, PKG Installer).  There was no login screen when i opened it.

The only window i could open was the preferences. After a while i tried to check the box "start visible" and restart. Then the login screen came. Doesn't really make sense it was un-checked by default, right?

Also, once i close the login window which later shows which server i'm connected to, there's no way to get it back. Eddie still runs. But i can't open this window again until i restart Eddie.