Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.69.179
Sign in to follow this  
hauntnut

Am I really secure?

I just started using AirVPN again for the first time in several years. When connected, I notice that my internet connection icon shows two different connections once the VPN is running. Does this mean my computer's internet activity is still visible to my ISP?

Well you would have to have access to a network, so you can connect to one of AirVPN's server and route all your traffic through them. It's normal that it shows up like that.

What you want to check is to go to https://ipleak.net/ and check that there are no DNS leak as well as no webrtc leak. Your IP should also show up as the server that you connected to (same for DNS address detection).

You can disable webrtc by getting ublock origin on Chrome or Firefox.

As long as you are connected on the client, everything is encrypted. Your ISP can see that you are connected to a VPN though.

Well you would have to have access to a network, so you can connect to one of AirVPN's server and route all your traffic through them. It's normal that it shows up like that.

What you want to check is to go to https://ipleak.net/ and check that there are no DNS leak as well as no webrtc leak. Your IP should also show up as the server that you connected to (same for DNS address detection).

You can disable webrtc by getting ublock origin on Chrome or Firefox.

As long as you are connected on the client, everything is encrypted. Your ISP can see that you are connected to a VPN though.

Luckily being connected to a VPN isn't a crime....yet.

Strange, but I'm using my computer as an access point for my phone, so I have 3 connections showing and the shared connection and the vpn connection both show "No internet access".  But obviously, I do have internet access.  Go figure.  But yeah, that's normal. One of those connections is your TAP adapter and it always shows up as an "unidentified network".