Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.185.100

Someone on Reddit noted that this "invisible" driver can be shown with lsmod. You can even unload it manually. Not sure about other mechanisms which reenables the module, though.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

"the project allows the CIA hackers to redirect all outbound network traffic on the targeted computer to CIA controlled computer systems for exfiltrate and infiltrate data."

https://thehackernews.com/2017/06/cia-linux-hacking-tool-malware.html

left me wondering if a VPN connection from an infected system can be redirected to a "fake" openvpn server run by the "hackers" for decrypting and matching and capturing and falsifying traffic, with man-in-the-middle pass-thru to destination urls/ips.

Not motivated to "drill down" on this. The CIA was more interesting when I worked in a university unit in the early 80s which did political science / survey / opinion / quantitative research and analysis, and attracted people with various political views and affiliations. Back then, the CIA had to use "warm ware" and the American Woman we speculated might be a CIA agent (ex University of Chicago, ...) was intelligent and attractive and hot. Sex and drugs and rock and roll for the patriotic mission and glory and promotion.

More interesting to have CIA in your bed than your computer.

"Those were the days my friend ..."

speaking of the old days serenacat that reminded me for jean clead's point,

about linux being open also, it's just less popular out there

but yeah, old hardware, go as old as you can and still have your config function

i do not trust anything new at all

right now my boxes are pentium 4s with about a gig of ram in them

one is literally out of a dumpster and i love that box

it's all in the config, i can down a torrent with rtorrent, dump via t-shark, run suricata ids, my firewall

browse the net with firefox and run my tor site plus other stuff around a gig of ram on a pentium 4

now the torrent app if it starts to really pull in will slow firefox down at times but most time it doesn't

the average phone out there crushes my boxes but there ya go, bloat config

probably one really good thing about microsoft getting so big jean clead, they took a lot of the malware biz

with them, i'll run clamav, unhide etc once in a while but like anyone else, get lazy on it

that's the thing to remember kinda a diff between the general junk you encounter online and say stuff written

for your distro or specifically getting targeted

speaking of the old days serenacat that reminded me for jean clead's point,

about linux being open also, it's just less popular out there

but yeah, old hardware, go as old as you can and still have your config function

i do not trust anything new at all

right now my boxes are pentium 4s with about a gig of ram in them

one is literally out of a dumpster and i love that box

it's all in the config, i can down a torrent with rtorrent, dump via t-shark, run suricata ids, my firewall

browse the net with firefox and run my tor site plus other stuff around a gig of ram on a pentium 4

now the torrent app if it starts to really pull in will slow firefox down at times but most time it doesn't

the average phone out there crushes my boxes but there ya go, bloat config

probably one really good thing about microsoft getting so big jean clead, they took a lot of the malware biz

with them, i'll run clamav, unhide etc once in a while but like anyone else, get lazy on it

that's the thing to remember kinda a diff between the general junk you encounter online and say stuff written

for your distro or specifically getting targeted

This statement is basically useless without describing your threat model.

Your CPU is missing basic security mechanisms such as SMAP and SMEP, I would not describe that as an advantage.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE5NzI

Of course if your threat model is just random internet malware there is nothing you should be concerned about.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

i don't think the reply was useless,

simply pointing out ya don't need newer hardware

to get performance

for me, i trust the older hardware more than the newer stuff

by far, the other thing is tends to be less tracks on it

since older computers were bought/sold many times

and if someone is at your cpu probably game over anyway right?

have a good day