Not connected, Your IP: 34.231.247.254
relax

Debian 9, cant get dns working using Eddie client

Hi,

my setup is a fresh install of Debian 9 and i run Eddie in an lxde session.

everything works perfect, except the dns. Sometimes it seems to work at first but

that's always right after you did reconnect to the vpn, so idk what that means.

Perhaps any other application editing iptables etc? i didn't find anything like that, at least for now. 

would be really nice if someone has any idea here if you need any files just ask and I post

Edit:

some more information:

i already tested all the DNS modes(auto and the 2 "linux only" ones), none work. I also tried to add a dns myself but nothing worked

Hi,

my setup is a fresh install of Debian 9 and i run Eddie in an lxde session.

everything works perfect, except the dns. Sometimes it seems to work at first but

that's always right after you did reconnect to the vpn, so idk what that means.

Perhaps any other application editing iptables etc? i didn't find anything like that, at least for now. 

would be really nice if someone has any idea here if you need any files just ask and I post

Edit:

some more information:

i already tested all the DNS modes(auto and the 2 "linux only" ones), none work. I also tried to add a dns myself but nothing worked

I just installed a fresh version of Debian 9 Stretch and use the latest testing version of Eddie, 2.13.2, that is available via the airvpn testing repo. As for my connection mode, I use an ssh tunnel via port 22 with the Network Lock established and the Automatic method of connecting to DNS. I have found that the DNS connection is not bulletproof, but it seems to me to depend on the instance. Fwiw, I experienced the very same behavior on Jessie as well.

Usually what I do right after establishing a connection is to double-check this by trying nslookup to a known host, such as google.com. If that fails, I immediately close and re-open my connection to a different Airvpn host. For me, 100% of the time this re-connection works just fine. Hopefully it'll work for you...

Good luck!

ps When your DNS fails, have you reviewed /etc/resolv.conf? That should look like something that the Eddie client has modified.