Not connected, Your IP: 3.84.7.255
Staff

Eddie 2.13beta released

(1) I'm experiencing problems having the Eddie program sort out the resolv.conf exchanges that is manifested in having the default being deleted, which leaves no file, /etc/resolv.conf, and thus disables DNS entirely between system restarts. I *think* that I've tracked it down to a conflict with the resolvconf package, which I have installed for connecting to VPNs using openvpn directly. At least the problem went away after I removed that package.

(2) Like others here are reporting, I no longer see the graph on the Speed tab.

I hope that this info is useful...

cheers,

john

Thx for the great report.

1) Probably a bug. Normally there isn't no problem between Eddie and "resolvconf", but maybe some changes in Debian9. I will try to check as soon as possible.

2) Yes, known issue. An oversight issue caused by the adding of the "Providers" tab. Will be fixed in the next release, around first days of the next week.

There is nothing on speed tab with the newest beta on Windows 10 Anniversary update 64-bit.

Yes, thx. Will be fixed in the next release, next week.

1) On two systems, installed from the repo, closed previous version of Eddie, manually confirmed "openvpn" and "mono" are closed with kill and started the new version of Eddie. On first start I was getting no latency data for servers so I closed Eddie, killed the processes just in case and after 2nd start latencies started showing up but they were several times longer than normal. After 3rd start Eddie showed latencies in normal range and works fine. Same exact issue with two machines running Mint 17.3.

I've seen that happen during the more frequent beta phase, with system working normally once the initial (routing?) problem goes away.

I will test this on a Mint 17.3 soon.

2) The speed graph page is totally blank, on both systems. Not a show stopper, but I do use the graphs.

Will be fixed soon.

3) Just happened while I was typing this message:  spontaneus reconnecting to a German server (Lepus) with the following error:

OpenVPN > ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

It's an OpenVPN error, difficult to understand without a context. Please provide more info (log) when occur again. Thx.

Update: Eddie 2.13.3 has been stable after initial latency/routing issues, but speed graphs are missing (because of older version of Mono?).

Latencies are 'stable' (in acceptable range, i think) after some time after run, or if you restart Eddie now have already acceptable latencies values?

Latencies are 'stable' (in acceptable range, i think) after some time after run, or if you restart Eddie now have already acceptable latencies values?

​I normally have two systems connected to servers in different countries and while one is connected and displays the expected (minimum) range of latencies, after (re)starting Eddie on the second the latencies it shows for all servers are 2-3 times longer than expected. Closing Eddie and restarting it again increases the displayed latencies (e.g. 4-5x normal) until after 3rd or 4th restart the latencies return to normal range (according to distance).

​It's as if occasionally Eddie was stuck routing the initial connection via servers outside my region and that loop got compounded after restarting Eddie until the issue sorts itself out. It shouldn't be due to local bandwidth saturation since I can refresh latencies on the first normally operating system and it shows no unusual delays.

​The latency increase is a random and relatively uncommon inconvenience that sorts itself out after one or more restarts and doesn't affect connecting to AirVPN.

​Other than the missing speed graph problem you're already working on, Eddie 2.13.3 has been solid here.

Takes a long time to connect to the forums here from the GUI link since v2.13.3. No problem connecting to other sites only this one, for some reason it seems to hang on the AirVpn website?.

Good to go from from here, running windows 64 bits.

After Upgrading Eddie towards 2.13.3 on Windows 64 Bits, 1605, it worked fine,

After Upgrading Windows 64 Bits and without a fresh install of Eddie 2.13.3.towards the creators edition 1703, Eddie 2.13.3 works flawless! 

No leaks, No VPN detection on WITCH. No packet loss.

Attached some screenshots for your ref.

oskol posted:

"I clean installed Eddie 2.13.3beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1 and 12.13.2 beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment". Previous stable version never had this issue (Tested again today - fresh install), this issue is introduced the in the beta release since 2.13.1beta release. Thanks"

On my Mac using OS 10.12.5, I installed Eddie 2.13.3beta after deleting Eddie 2.12.4 (and I think I also deleted airvpn/AirVPN.xml).

Unlike oskol, for me Eddie does NOT get stuck on "Checking Environment" and I am able to successfully connect to a server.

Keksjdjdke posted:

"Eddie now takes almost a Minute to connect. attachicon.gifEddie_20170725_115846 copy.txt.zip"

Although I can connect successfully, I noticed this same issue.

Eddie 2.13.3beta takes much longer to connect than when I was using Eddie 2.12.4 though I didn't time either version of Eddie so I don't know how much longer it takes for the beta version to connect.

OSX 10.12.5, Eddie 2.13.3, still freezing at Checking Environment. Deleted previous installation, removed ~/.airvpn folder.

I'd include the debug log but it contains exactly one line: I 2017.08.02 09:09:49 - Session starting.

I clean installed Eddie 2.13.3beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1 and 12.13.2 beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment". Previous stable version never had this issue (Tested again today - fresh install), this issue is introduced the in the beta release since 2.13.1beta release.

Thanks

Enable temporarly debug log (Preferences - Log -> Log Debug) and log to file, try to connect, and post a log when the "Checking Environment" issue occur. Thx.

olve

As requested by "Clodo" debug log is attached, Eddie 2.13.x beta (version 1, 2 and 3) always gets stuck at  "Checking Environment" in Mac Sierra 10.12.5 and 10.12.6  in the log file it corresponds to "session starting.", waiting (even more than 10 minutes) does not resolve the issue (still stuck at "checking environment") or add any more lines to the log file. Thanks!

eddie_2017-08-02.log.zip

Running 2.13.3 on my Manjaro Linux system.

It won't connect to any server with the "Check AirVPN DNS" setting enabled....it tries 3 times then fails, moving on to the next server and failure.

If I specify a DNS server (10.x.0.1) then it works.

Also, it does not update the scores for the servers at all upon login - likely the DNS issue causing this?

OSX 10.12.5, Eddie 2.13.3, still freezing at Checking Environment.

As requested by "Clodo" debug log is attached, Eddie 2.13.x beta (version 1, 2 and 3) always gets stuck at  "Checking Environment" in Mac Sierra 10.12.5 and 10.12.6

Both, please open terminal, log as root
sudo -s
and launch
ps -eo pid,command
. I don't really need all the output, just understand if throw an error or stuck. Thx.

I get a long list of processes as expected. Perhaps worth noting that both at `sudo -s` and after the `ps`, I get an error `bash: parse_git_branch: command not found` which seemingly has to do with switching to `sh` from `bash` according to this article: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33864872/sh-parse-git-branch-command-not-found.

>>>As requested by "Clodo" debug log is attached, Eddie 2.13.x beta (version 1, 2 and 3) always gets stuck at  "Checking Environment" in Mac Sierra 10.12.5 and 10.12.6

sudo -s

and launch

ps -eo pid,command

. I don't really need all the output, just understand if throw an error or stuck. Thx.

Eddie 2.13.3 Portable_64 on Manjaro Plasma 5

DNS check fails again as in the previous versions

Confirmed, will be fixed in the next release.

It won't connect to any server with the "Check AirVPN DNS" setting enabled....it tries 3 times then fails, moving on to the next server and failure.

If I specify a DNS server (10.x.0.1) then it works.

Also, it does not update the scores for the servers at all upon login - likely the DNS issue causing this?

Confirmed, will be fixed in the next release

Great to hear!

>As requested by "Clodo" debug log is attached, Eddie 2.13.x beta (version 1, 2 and 3) always gets stuck at  "Checking Environment" in Mac Sierra 10.12.5 and 10.12.6

sudo -s
and launch
ps -eo pid,command

Hi 

Thanks for the feedback, this command lists all processes in the system sorted by PID and Command. it did not throw any error or get stuck. Thanks

(1) I'm experiencing problems having the Eddie program sort out the resolv.conf exchanges that is manifested in having the default being deleted, which leaves no file, /etc/resolv.conf, and thus disables DNS entirely between system restarts. I *think* that I've tracked it down to a conflict with the resolvconf package, which I have installed for connecting to VPNs using openvpn directly. At least the problem went away after I removed that package.

(2) Like others here are reporting, I no longer see the graph on the Speed tab.

I hope that this info is useful...

cheers,

john

Thx for the great report.

1) Probably a bug. Normally there isn't no problem between Eddie and "resolvconf", but maybe some changes in Debian9. I will try to check as soon as possible.

2) Yes, known issue. An oversight issue caused by the adding of the "Providers" tab. Will be fixed in the next release, around first days of the next week.

Any update on that bug fix release?

Hello!

Eddie 2.13.4beta is now available in experimental section.

Changelog 2.13.3 -> 2.13.4

[bugfix] Windows - Speed Tab

[new] Report different IPv4 and IPv6 exit addresses

[bugfix] Autofix of relative path in .ovpn configs

[new] Detection of exit-IP address when using OpenVPN provider

[change] New System Report window

[change] Better dump of failed HTTP requests with detection of 302 redirection (typical hotel login)

[change] macOS - Dump additional info if PF failed to start.

[change] Network Lock -> Allow DNS - Now default to false. Added warning if hostname is used in routes

[new] macOS - Multi-provider UI interface

[new] New UI option to skip processes check

[change] macOS - Internal cleanup of some shell

[change] macOS - Network Lock, changed denied packets from 'drop' to 'return'

[bugfix] Linux - OpenVPN in portable edition now built with enable-iproute2 flags.

[bugfix] Linux - Better DNS resolution method (compatible if 'host' is not available)

[change] Linux - Improved DNS flush

[bugfix] Linux - Pinger issue

[change] Linux - Some fixes on Manjaro/OpenSUSE and other distro

[change] Linux - Improved UI responsiveness

[change] Improved checks if a Network Lock mode is available

[bugfix] Linux - Better detection if Network Lock is started

[change] macOS - Network lock, allow IPv6 in LAN

[change] Hostname/DNS in custom routes resolved before the activation of Network Lock

About macOS, the issue about "Checking Environment" is still under investigation. Please report if something has changed in this version. If it still doesn't work, try to uncheck "Preferences -> Advanced -> Skip processes checking" and report if that resolves the issue. Thanks.

The issue about slow connection we hope are now resolved.

We hope that problems with some distribution, such as Manjaro and openSUSE, are now resolved. Please test.

Kind regards

With the 32 bit Windows version of 2.13.4 I kept on getting another instance running when I set to minimized and run in tray.   If I took it off it ran fine.   I got it on a 32 bit windows 10 virtual machine.

I may have screwed up something in my windows though when I first accidentally installed the 64 bit version and had to uninstall and reinstall the 32 bit version a few times before I figured it worked when not minimized in tray.

Just an FYI for only if someone else has this issue.   It's ok enough for now.  

I have just updated from v2.13.3 [beta] which worked perfectly for me, to v2.13.4 [beta] and now when I try to connect to ANY server, i just get a message 'Waiting for Latency tests (4 to go)'.

It stays like that until I cancel it. Reverting back to v2.13.3 cures it.

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit

Any ideas folks...? 

Asus RT-AC88U [Hardware:A2] Mode: Wireless Router

Firmware by @RMerlin

Oh yea... I had "waiting for latency tests" too, so I just stopped the check because I got my favorite server and it's a waste for me.  

Win 10 32 bit

Linux Mint 17.3 first impressions on v2.13.4 beta are good. DNS, pings and graphing all A-OK after quick check on two systems.

Hello.

Installed Eddie 2.13.4 Beta and when I try to connect to a recommended Server a message pops up and Eddie freezes. Network Lock is activated. Can't close the message or Eddie. I have to restart the PC. Below a screenshot of the message.

I use Linux Mint 18 64-bit and IPv6 is deactivated on my PC and on Eddie.

Hope this info helps to enhance Eddie.

Regards

Edit

With deactivated Network Lock Eddie is in an endless loop of waiting for latency tests (3 to go).

Screenshot below.

First run of 2.13.4 in my Mint 18.2 virtualbox VM, windows 10 host, locked up with the dialog box warning that IPv6 couldn't be disabled and re-enabled properly in linux.  I attempted to click "yes" to proceed but nothing would respond.  I had to reboot.

I then just disabled IPv6 in OS settings, and changed the Eddie setting to not worry about IPv6.