Not connected, Your IP: 34.227.112.145
Staff

Eddie 2.13beta released

Eddie 2.13.2 Linux x64 portable on Ubuntu 17.04 deactivates my UFW firewall when network lock is activated. Stable portable version 2.12.4 does not deactivate this firewall.

Hello,

ufw is an iptables frontend. Network Lock does not disable ufw in itself, but definitely modifies your filtering rules by invoking iptables. If you need your custom rules in every situation you should not use Network Lock.

Kind regards

Eddie 2.13.2 Linux x64 portable on Ubuntu 17.04 deactivates my UFW firewall when network lock is activated. Stable portable version 2.12.4 does not deactivate this firewall.

Hello,

ufw is an iptables frontend. Network Lock does not disable ufw in itself, but definitely modifies your filtering rules by invoking iptables. If you need your custom rules in every situation you should not use Network Lock.

Kind regards

I do not have any custom rules. A simple "sudo ufw status verbose" shows the firewall active prior to network lock. After network lock, the same command shows the the firewall inactive. What change was made to cause this undesired behavior in the beta version?

Eddie uses the latest OpenSSL version 1.0.2L, but when I connect through an SSL tunnel, the log reports that it is using still OpenSSL 1.0.2K for the SSL tunnel.

Hello,

Kind regards

I do not have any custom rules. A simple "sudo ufw status verbose" shows the firewall active prior to network lock. After network lock, the same command shows the the firewall inactive. What change was made to cause this undesired behavior in the beta version?

I concur, with network lock ON, 'sudo ufw status verbose' shows 'Status: inactive'. As soon as I turn network lock OFF, 'Status: active'. This is with Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, using 2.13.2 portable. (non mono)

Can someone please help me?

I clean installed Eddie 2.13.2beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment"

Thanks

I clean installed Eddie 2.13.2beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment"

Thanks

If you have Remove the Gateway Route checked, un-check it.  I had the same problem -un-ticking remove gateway in advanced options worked for me.

Thanks

If you have Remove the Gateway Route checked, un-check it.  I had the same problem -un-ticking remove gateway in advanced options worked for me.

I don't have this checked, so this isn't the cause for me.

Thanks

Thanks for responding, however, I don't have "Remove Gateway" checked and my issue still persists, any other Mac user whom still has the "Checking Environment" issue with Eddie 2.13.2 beta? Thanks

Hi,

I installed the 213beta on OS X. After launch an alert box shows up saying "unable to start PF firewall". Then the "Connect to a recommended server" button is disabled.

After a reboot, same problem.

Back to v2.12.4, everything's fine.

[Edit]

This is on an 27" 2009 iMac under El Capitan.

The beta version works well on my 2015 MacBook Air under El Capitan.

Hi,

I have Windows 10 pro Dutch.

Using Eddie 2.13beta I have 1 or 2 crashes or more daily with the message:

Het aangevraagde protocol is niet geconfigureerd in het systeem of er bestaat geen implementatie voor.

I found the error in English (I hope):

WSAEPROTONOSUPPORT (10043) Protocol not supported.

The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists. For example, a socket call requests a SOCK_DGRAM socket, but specifies a stream protocol.

I realy don't know what is wrong.

In older versions of Eddie I did not have this message.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Issues with freshy installed Eddie 2.13.3 on Linux Mint 17.3 LTS (supported until 2019)

1) On two systems, installed from the repo, closed previous version of Eddie, manually confirmed "openvpn" and "mono" are closed with kill and started the new version of Eddie. On first start I was getting no latency data for servers so I closed Eddie, killed the processes just in case and after 2nd start latencies started showing up but they were several times longer than normal. After 3rd start Eddie showed latencies in normal range and works fine. Same exact issue with two machines running Mint 17.3.

I've seen that happen during the more frequent beta phase, with system working normally once the initial (routing?) problem goes away.

2) The speed graph page is totally blank, on both systems. Not a show stopper, but I do use the graphs.

3) Just happened while I was typing this message:  spontaneus reconnecting to a German server (Lepus) with the following error:

OpenVPN > ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

Update: Eddie 2.13.3 has been stable after initial latency/routing issues, but speed graphs are missing (because of older version of Mono?).

Eddie 2.13.3 gets stuck on "Activation of Network Lock" on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. The logs also stop at "Activation of Network Lock." Only a force-quit would shut Eddie down after that. I'm now back on Eddie 2.13.2.

Eddie 2.13.3 also does not provide any latency data on Windows 10 Creators Update. It seems to be running fine otherwise.

The latest version now takes around 4x times longer than the previous beta 2.13.2. I'm using version 2.13.3

attachicon.gifEddie_20170723_003617 copyo.txt.zip

Unfortunately to avoid a Win10 DNS issue, the latest beta use another method to set DNS.

Why you have "Advanced > Force all network interface" enabled? Try to disable it and check.

Hi,

I have Windows 10 pro Dutch.

Using Eddie 2.13beta I have 1 or 2 crashes or more daily with the message:

Het aangevraagde protocol is niet geconfigureerd in het systeem of er bestaat geen implementatie voor.

I found the error in English (I hope):

WSAEPROTONOSUPPORT (10043)

Protocol not supported.

The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists. For example, a socket call requests a SOCK_DGRAM socket, but specifies a stream protocol.

I realy don't know what is wrong.

In older versions of Eddie I did not have this message.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Please provide a full log, to identify the phase where the error is generated.

Hey All,

I updated to the latest beta version of eddie, 2.13.3 yesterday from the testing debian repo. My system is up-to-date Debian Stretch with fully updated repository packages, and I am connecting via an ssh tunnel via port 22. Here is what I believe to be the relevant OS and Eddie connect info from the top of the Eddie System Report:

--------------------------------------------------------begin included text-----------------------------------------------------------------

Eddie System/Environment Report - 7/23/2017 4:42 PM UTC

Eddie version: 2.13.3
Eddie OS build: linux_x64
Eddie architecture: x64
OS type: Linux
OS name: Debian GNU/Linux 9 \n \l
OS version: Linux jrredho-lt2 4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u2 (2017-06-26) x86_64 GNU/Linux
OS architecture: x64
Mono /.Net Framework: v4.0.30319
OpenVPN driver: Found, /dev/net/tun
OpenVPN: 2.4.0 - OpenSSL 1.0.2l  25 May 2017, LZO 2.08 (/usr/sbin/openvpn)
SSH: OpenSSH_7.4p1 Debian-10+deb9u1, OpenSSL 1.0.2l  25 May 2017 (/usr/bin/ssh)
SSL: stunnel 5.39 (/usr/bin/stunnel4)
curl: 7.52.1 (/usr/bin/curl)
Profile path: /root/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml
Data path: /root/.airvpn
Application path: /usr/lib/AirVPN
Executable path: /usr/lib/AirVPN/AirVPN.exe
Command line arguments: (1 args) path="/root/.airvpn"
Detected DNS: 10.50.0.1
Test DNS IPv4: Yes
Test DNS IPv6: Yes
----------------------------
Important options not at defaults:

login: (omissis)
password: (omissis)
remember: True
servers.whitelist: 1e178158c426e5afd8ebdadbc4e07a9d716f257d89fe947b3b9ff213866fb81a,0c57d8074c5424b5de3e76c61946cbe7cb8e661c3c34abf4e819f71e0b2389c0,d5e2ea9982f22cc4d9aacd2f06e520a34aeffd73366a2e0be1e5c3c44b40e8c5,adf8d52448c1d7c23134963b76bc76bcdb809697e725e84402ec6317d59dd230,2f41426f6950cbec8d7cfedc45932b25fbb8675fbc10df987d6687be44b5b607,5b066c211483a9f0ac7cb0fc25b82e11925e6a4f5aa08d7dd90e6e9e166ddf21,445bdff27baa04fed3ab8a669dc8c5aa625c480447b522829ab43a101dd82f7c,a160a90cddad5bf47467dc7b1828d104a31e55226874eeeb9c5fa23773cc9341,4a753c464da67849afcf7be670e0300c9239e1811d07e03d5caa7f4804e5d104
mode.protocol: SSH
mode.port: 22
gui.font.normal.name: Cantarell
gui.font.normal.size:  14

--------------------------------------------------------end included text-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am experiencing two issues:

(1) I'm experiencing problems having the Eddie program sort out the resolv.conf exchanges that is manifested in having the default being deleted, which leaves no file, /etc/resolv.conf, and thus disables DNS entirely between system restarts. I *think* that I've tracked it down to a conflict with the resolvconf package, which I have installed for connecting to VPNs using openvpn directly. At least the problem went away after I removed that package.

(2) Like others here are reporting, I no longer see the graph on the Speed tab.

I hope that this info is useful...

cheers,

john

I clean installed Eddie 2.13.3beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1 and 12.13.2 beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment". Previous stable version never had this issue (Tested again today - fresh install), this issue is introduced the in the beta release since 2.13.1beta release.

Thanks

Can their be an update on linux for when one closes the AirVPN application and is connected to a server, it will be running in the background like on Windows?

Can their be an update on linux for when one closes the AirVPN application and is connected to a server, it will be running in the background like on Windows?

If you mean minimize in tray icon, sorry. it's under development but in major release Eddie 3, release date unknown yet.

I clean installed Eddie 2.13.3beta on Mac Sierra 10.12.5 (also deleted .airvpn/AirVPN.xml). Logging in was successful, however like the previous beta release 2.13.1 and 12.13.2 beta Eddie always gets stuck on "Checking Environment". Previous stable version never had this issue (Tested again today - fresh install), this issue is introduced the in the beta release since 2.13.1beta release.

Thanks

Enable temporarly debug log (Preferences - Log -> Log Debug) and log to file, try to connect, and post a log when the "Checking Environment" issue occur. Thx.