Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.188.122
Staff

Eddie 2.13beta released

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new Eddie Air client version has been released: 2.13beta. It is ready for public beta testing.

To download Eddie 2.13beta please select "Other versions" > "Experimental" from the download page.

Update 24-Jun-17: version 2.13.2beta has been released.

Update 22-Jul-17: version 2.13.3beta has been released

Update 18-Aug-17: version 2.13.4beta has been released
Update 19-Aug-17: version 2.13.5beta has been released

Update 24-Sep-17: version 2.13.6beta has been released

Update 02-Oct-17: version 2.13.6 has been promoted to "Stable"

This version features several bug fixes and updated software in the package (OpenVPN 2.4.3 for example). Windows edition lowers the tun interface metric to patch the problematic DNS implementation in Windows 10 "Creator".

Please see the changelog:
https://eddie.website/changelog/?software=client&format=html

Do not hesitate to write in this thread if you decide to test Eddie 2.13beta and you find some glitch or bug.

Kind regards & datalove
Air Staff

NOT working at all @ Win 8.1 x64....... No connection.... tested with & without: network lock, DNS lock.... / DNS Switch mode automatic & disabled..... back to 2.12.4

LOG FILE UPLOADED

Eddie_20170609_124735.txt

Doesn't work for me either.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 with Service Pack 1.

These lines stick out to me:

W 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists
! 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - Disconnecting
. 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - Management - Send 'signal SIGTERM'

No matter which protocol or port I choose, whether I'm using Network Lock or not, Eddie seems to be stuck in an endless loop of trying to reconnect.

I also made a very short video so you can see exactly how it looks on my end:

Reconnect_Loop.mp4

(No need to download the video. You can watch it on the site and it's only 19 seconds long.)

log_new.txt

For the moment it's working on OSX El Capitan 10.12.4 without crashing when Sleep.

Edit: It crashed when I changed from one server to another server and now it's stuck in Route Checking Timeout.

Hello,

It is not working here on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system...

<snip>
. 2017.06.09 11:50:58 - Starting Management Interface
. 2017.06.09 11:50:58 - OpenVPN > Initialization Sequence Completed
W 2017.06.09 11:50:58 - The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists
! 2017.06.09 11:50:58 - Disconnecting
<snip>

Complete logs attached...

Note: Logs have been removed since issue has been fixed for next version....

hi,

same error here on win 10 64bit like  shivadiva  and puff-m-d posted. 

ends up in a reboot loop.

nice weekend @ll

Hi

I tested Experimental Version of Eddie 2.13 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 (deleted AirVPN.ini also and restarted the system, logged back in). Eddie 2.13 always gets stuck at "Checking Environment" and can't go any further, hence can't connect to any server and there is no Internet.

Hi

I tested Experimental Version of Eddie 2.13 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 (deleted AirVPN.ini also and restarted the system, logged back in). Eddie 2.13 always gets stuck at "Checking Environment" and can't go any further, hence can't connect to any server and there is no Internet.

Delete  /Users/"user"/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml and change your network location, then sign into Eddie. "replace "user" with the current user that is signed in" The .airvpn folder is hidden so you need to enable hidden folders if you can not find it.

Instructions on how to change network location.

Make sure network lock is off and quit Eddie.

Go to System Preferences and then click on network.

Click on the drop down menu next to location and click on edit location.

Then click on the + and create a new location, and click done and then apply. see if that fixes it.

So is this working on Windows 10 Pro Creators Update?  I don't mind bugs but if it doesn't work at all then I don't think I wanna update.

Using this version, on Mac OS 10.12.5, it usually works great. However, I've had the client hang several times on "Checking Environment", which cannot be canceled or quit from, at which point the app needs to be force-closed.

Definitely an improvement, but still problematic.

Doesn't work for me either.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 with Service Pack 1.

These lines stick out to me:

W 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - The requested protocol has not been configured into the system, or no implementation for it exists
! 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - Disconnecting
. 2017.06.09 14:13:55 - Management - Send 'signal SIGTERM'

No matter which protocol or port I choose, whether I'm using Network Lock or not, Eddie seems to be stuck in an endless loop of trying to reconnect.

I also made a very short video so you can see exactly how it looks on my end:

Reconnect_Loop.mp4

(No need to download the video. You can watch it on the site and it's only 19 seconds long.)

I am on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and I had the same problem. Resolved it by doing a clean install rather than installing the beta on top of the latest stable version.

Had DNS problem always with 2.12 but after updating to 2.13 the problem seems to be fixed. Uses Windows 10 PRO.

Hello.

I am on Windows 7 x64 SP1 and I had the same problem. Resolved it by doing a clean install rather than installing the beta on top of the latest stable version.

I always do a clean install when updating AirVPN. I have attempted three clean installs of the 2.13.1 beta with the same results as in my previous post. It makes no difference on my system whether an "over the top" install or a clean install is done. In either case, AirVPN 2.13.1 beta will not work...

Hi

Delete  /Users/"user"/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml and change your network location, then sign into Eddie. "replace "user" with the current user that is signed in" The .airvpn folder is hidden so you need to enable hidden folders if you can not find it.

Instructions on how to change network location.

Make sure network lock is off and quit Eddie.

Go to System Preferences and then click on network.

Click on the drop down menu next to location and click on edit location.

Then click on the + and create a new location, and click done and then apply. see if that fixes it.

Hi

I Always do a fresh install (i.e. delete AirVPN.xml from the mentioned path), this time I also did change the Network Location and tested it for three times (fresh install + changing location), each time Eddie stucks at "Checking Environment".

Thanks

Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Uninstalled 2.12.4. Installed 2.13.1 with no issues found. It appears the settings were saved because network lock is still activating at startup. All good here so far.

Hello,

I always do a clean install when updating AirVPN. I have attempted clean installs of the 2.13.1 beta and installs "over the top" of 2.12.4 with the same results as in my previous post. 2.12.4 always will work while I cannot get 2.13.1 to work no matter what I do...

I may have stumbled across something accidentally. I am on the latest fully updated Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and was having a few weird issues so I decided to do a clean install of the OS. Guess what? After a fresh, clean install of Windows, 2.13.1 installs and works fantastically. I have loaded up the exact same setup of software on the new install that was on the old. I figure there must have been something corrupted (maybe) on the old install. It leads me to think that there is nothing wrong with 2.13.1 and Windows 10. I believe something got out of whack on my old install which in turn made 2.13.1 fail to run (but why did 2.12.4 run good?)... Others that are having this issue might want to try a system file check. All I know is a clean install of my OS fixed my issues so it might be worth a shot as a clean install of the OS is extreme....

Just my two cents worth as to what happened to me. It may help find a solution for those having the same issue (or maybe I was just lucky the clean install of the OS fixed my issue).

Note: In case you want to try the system file check and do not know how:

Open an administrator Command Prompt.

Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

HTH...

When every old version works on a system, and a new one not - Than is nothing wrong with your (or our) system, it`s the software that causes trouble.

To add from a prior post I made about 2.13.1 working on Win 10 64bit. Today two Win systems, Home and Pro, updated to the new Win 10 Creators edition. Eddie beta 2.13.1 continues to work without incident.