Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.19.251

Hello!

In 2015, full IPv6 support was planned for late 2017. We are confident we will respect this deadline, even though we have met unexpected OpenVPN bugs in handling IPv6 which have been and are slowing down the whole process remarkably.

Kind regards

Hello!

In 2015, full IPv6 support was planned for late 2017. We are confident we will respect this deadline.

All important OpenVPN-related issues have been solved, including a major OpenVPN bug which has been fixed internally, by our development team. Most (but not all) of our providers already gave us full IPv6 connectivity.

Kind regards

Interesting.  Does this mean that It will be possible to reach ipv6 sites just by using AIR?

Hello!

In 2015, full IPv6 support was planned for late 2017. We are confident we will respect this deadline.

All important OpenVPN-related issues have been solved, including a major OpenVPN bug which has been fixed internally, by our development team. Most (but not all) of our providers already gave us full IPv6 connectivity.

Kind regards

Is there any update on a full rollout? I'd love to be able to use both protocols.

Hello!

Kind regards

Is there any update on a full rollout? I'd love to be able to use both protocols.

Hello!

We can confirm that everything is going on as planned. Apparently, all the problems have been solved. Testing already started some time ago. We can't provide you with a definite date and time for full IPv6 support, however we can confirm that we see no specific problems in keeping the declared deadline.

Kind regards

Hello!

We can confirm that everything is going on as planned. Apparently, all the problems have been solved. Testing already started some time ago. We can't provide you with a definite date and time for full IPv6 support, however we can confirm that we see no specific problems in keeping the declared deadline.

Kind regards

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to it.

Interesting.  Does this mean that It will be possible to reach ipv6 sites just by using AIR?

Yes, connecting will give you a full 10/10 rating here: http://test-ipv6.com/ and of course reach any ipv6 sites, even if your ISP doesn't support IPv6.

Hello!

Kind regards

Hello!

Kind regards

So, as there are only ~ 3 Month left. Does this mean we get a Christmas Present ? Or is Chrsitmas earlier, as everyone hopes

Well, I'm sad to say that I won't be renewing my yearly subscription due to the lack of IPv6 support. I really enjoy AirVPN and hope that I can use them in the future!

Well, I'm sad to say that I won't be renewing my yearly subscription due to the lack of IPv6 support. I really enjoy AirVPN and hope that I can use them in the future!

We confirm once again, as we always did, that IPv6 support will be added within the end of 2017.

Kind regards

curious.  I don't get the whole ipv6 need.  are there sites you can access only via ipv6?

All IPv6 sites are just "mirrors" of their IPv4 versions, so not really.

Not counting some personal projects/setups which might have some negligible <0.001% on the internet.

It's natural to wish to have something extra, even when you don't really need it. If, for example, you

had 2 similar models of any device/service, but one had an extra feature, most customers would prefer

the one with the extra feature, even when they are never actually going to use it.

This is also probably how marketing gimmicks were born.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

There is also likely to be casualties on the "bleeding edge" of IP4-IP6 dual stack, with desperate cries and wimpers in support forums such as this. I can't remember the link, but recall reading about some issues with DHCP with dual stack, perhaps on some Androids, in the last couple of weeks ?

Various things might "go weird" from my Linux Mint, through Virtual Box (latest 5.2 has various issues, mainly graphics), through Windows 10 host force fed updates (Fall Creators Update has broken odd things, including some VBs), through ISP and backbones, through internet firewalls and servers.

Stuffing it all in a VPN IP4 tunnel to a high standard data centre might avoid some odd issues with traffic shaping and routing etc.

Rocks on the road ahead ?

Hello!

IPv6 support will provide as a nice side effect access to IPv6-only services, obviously :D but that's not the only reason for which we want to provide full IPv6 support within the end of 2017. The main current problem is that those users which only have access to IPv6 (and use IPv4 only over IPv6) can't use anymore reliably services like ours, in particular from iOS and Android.

According to some projections, a percentage that we deem significant in the world Internet "residential" and "mobile" population will have IPv6 only access in 2018 and 2019 (with IPv4 only over IPv6).

Kind regards

Thanks for the update!! But i have now two VPN providers because of this. I already continue my yearly subscription for AirVPN but as my new apartment only supports Ipv6 exit IP's the VPN connection was pretty much useless for me so had to go for a different provider for a shorter period. I have been a customer for long and would like to continue your services. Would you still be able to provide a timeline when this will be rolled out to most of the servers.

You should be able to connect to AirVPN using the domain name for servers but not the IP address. If you only have IPv6, it must be by way of NAT64. You will have to use their DNS for the IP lookup to connect to Air's servers as you will be given an IPv6 address to connect to that will be forwarded to the IPv4 internet and vice versa. There are not enough IPv6 sites yet to totally shut off ipv4 but some providers elect to only give you an IPv6 address and use this for the transition period.

We confirm once again, as we always did, that IPv6 support will be added within the end of 2017.

Kind regards

Any updates on that? The end of 2017 is almost there...

We have some delay, but we expect to release Eddie 2.14 in a few weeks with a single experimental new VPN server (called Castor) that support IPv6 and tls-crypt.

The delay are caused by some missing IPv6 implementation of OpenVPN (for example it's impossible to specify if a IPv6 route can go inside or outside the tunnel), so some feature and workaround are implemented in Eddie 2.14.

If all it's ok with the beta-testing of Eddie 2.14 and Castor, every other VPN servers will be upgraded quickly.

Thanks for your patience.

Clodo - Eddie lead developer