Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.153.162

Hello!

This has been covered many times. You can go to Eddie's settings and uncheck "check if tunnel effectively works" under Advanced and "Check AirVPN DNS" under DNS.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I already knew that, but what's the reason the problem? I mean these options are quite useless then.

EDIT: Once I am connected with the settings you mentioned, the internet stops working. But ping in cmd works fine.

The same now happens on my linux system and with your settings the internet isn't working as well.
Which means: I can't use my vpn account at all.

You can try disabling IPv6.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I just discovered that connection is successful on both my linux (vm) and windows system when connected to my university network using wifi.

What could be the issue in my home network that is causing the problems? Hope you guys got any ideas for me.

I am using 1 main router and 2 APs. My pc is mostly connected via cable, sometimes with wifi.

I thought I already tried that. But seems like my ISP (Deutsche Telekom AG) blocks UDP connections.

I also figured out that if I disable the LTE on my router and only use DSL (I have a dsl hybrid connection), even UDP connections work just fine!

So it seems they only filter OpenVPN UDP connections on their DSL-LTE bonding servers.

To bad that TCP is way slower than UDP.

Hi, this happens to me sometimes on Win10.

Here's how I fix it:

Control Panel

Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings

Right Click on “Ethernet”

Click “properties”

Internet Protocol Version 4 > Properties

Click "use the following DNS server addresses"

Preferred DNS server—208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS Server – 208.67.220.220

Thanks for the hint. But I am already using another open DNS server and like I said before: for me it has nothing to do with DNS problems. I can ping fine, even when being connected with route and dns check off, whilst having "no internet". This is simply due to the fact that my ISP filters the OpenVPN UDP traffic.

It has been a long time, but I finally found a solution!

When my internet connection is in Hybrid Mode (LTE + DSL bonded), the MTU value is 1384.

In order to use AirVPN with full speed (no mather if using UDP or TCP protocoI), I just had to apply the mssfix parameter to the OpenVPN directives in Eddie.

The following solution might also work for every any other Fiber / Cable / DSL / LTE / ... internet connection, on which the MTU value is below 1500. At my university for example, I have to do the same but with different values.

Check your MTU value without being connected the the VPN. https://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php

This got me a value of 1384.

OpenVPN over UDP --> "mssfix 1356"

// MTU 1384 - (UDP Header 8 Byte + IPv4 Header 20 Byte) = 1356

OpenVPN over TCP --> "mssfix 1344"

// MTU 1384 - (TCP Header 20 Byte + IPv4 Header 20 Byte) = 1344

I know that the TCP header can be up to 60 byte, but for me 20 worked just fine.

I can now use UDP protocol without any issues and TCP is almost as fast as UDP.

Same problem today again - see zerosum's opening post today.

HOWEVER: unchecking things that are there for safety reasons is not a valid suggestion - why not drop the VPN thing altogether and save 60 bucks a year???

Hello!

This has been covered many times. You can go to Eddie's settings and uncheck "check if tunnel effectively works" under Advanced and "Check AirVPN DNS" under DNS.

I have been running 2.12.x for some time now, and just today updated to 2.13 on my Arch Linux system (airvpn-beta-bin 2.13.3-1). I am getting the same DNS checking error now trying to connect.

If I chose to disable "Check AirVPN DNS", it works! Thanks for the tip....

However, like LZ1, I dont like the idea of disabling things IF that could cause security issues. So does this option mean IF it finds AirVPN DNS is NOT working, it will ignore it and I would then revert back to my locally configured DNS servers??

Any other fixes?

Thanks

Edit: issue resolved now, i did nothing. i have Preferences>DNS>Check AirVPN DNS (checked) and nothing in the IP fields (as recommended by airvpn). i can now connect as before.

i have the same issue starting about oct 12 after 4 months of no problems great service. i made no updates to my mac os, installed a few apps some time ago. seems this started out of the blue. did something change with my isp provider? banshee28 question is a valid question for those like me who are not technical and have no idea how this stuff works. "IF it finds AirVPN DNS is NOT working, it will ignore it and I would then revert back to my locally configured DNS servers?" i was on whatever Eddie from 4 months ago couldn't connect then updated to 2.13.6 which did not resolve the issue until i did the disable dns check.

hi team,

Tech Support have responded, this seems to work for me:

from Eddie main window select select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
    untick "Automatic"
    select the line with entry-IP address 3 (THREE), protocol TCP, port 443 (the line will be highlighted in blue)
    click "Save"
    enable "Network Lock" from Eddie main window