Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.143.181
kbps

Windows 10 Creators update Telemetry

I have been using Spybot Anti-beacon since before the creators update. It appears to still be working after the update to creators. Are there any other pieces of software that I could use to block telemetry? 

One of several reasons to run VirtualBox VM with a Linux Mint guest on a W10 host is to reduce leakage of data about activities through M$ telemetry. I do everything in LM (except VLC video at 1080p/720p and a DVB-T/USB tuner) and W10 just sees the "VirtualBox Manager" process with diskio to a single *.vdi ntfs file which contains the Linux filesystem. So M$ kept "in the dark" to a certain extent.

you could shut it off with tools like that:

www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

If anyone is interested, here is what is in that "telemetry" and what is being "collected". MS released this recently in response to concerns about this "telemetry" thing.

Windows 10, version 1703 basic level Windows diagnostic events and fields

The original article pointing to this appeared at Ars Technica recently > Microsoft opens up on Windows telemetry, tells us most of what data it collects

"Microsoft has published the full range of data that Windows 10 version 1703, the Creators Update, will collect in its default "basic" telemetry setting. The company has also provided details on the kinds of information that can be captured in the optional "full" telemetry setting."

Well, that did not last long. It seems Microsoft changed the link I posted to point back to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ instead of going to the documentation. The documentation can't be found any longer, I haven't tried to search for it. sorry 'bout that.

disregard this post, see the next one below