Not connected, Your IP: 3.230.128.106
ableounceony

AirVPN DDNS w/ Multiple Servers on pfSense Box

Right now, I've got connections to two AirVPN servers running on my pfSense box via its OpenVPN client.  I'm trying to figure out DDNS so I can connect my phones remotely to that box and thus to AirVPN.  I did some searches here about AirVPN's DDNS service and I found two threads where someone said this:

Warning: DDNS doesn't work correctly with two o more connections.

But, looking at the Forwarded Ports/DDNS articles referenced here, I don't see that phrase.  Specifically, this article:

https://airvpn.org/faq/ddns/

Is it possible for me to use AirVPN's DDNS service with my current setup (two concurrent VPN connections in one pfSense box)?  Or, do I need something from some other DDNS provider?

It's hard to tell where a connection will end if there are two or three IPs which can be reached by one DDNS name.

I think you need another DDNS provider unless someone found a workaround.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

That's what I was leaning towards.  It's just odd that the warning message I saw referenced isn't in the document any more (that I can see).

Simple solution, if you know what server you are connected to and it remains the same:

servername_exit.airvpn.org:port

i.e. wezen_exit.airvpn.org:12345 will get you to the session of the forwarded port for that connection.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.