Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.171.180
vric

Request for Eddie AirVPN Cliet for Tinker Board for Debian ARMHF architecture

Hi,

I would like to request for Eddie AirVPN client for ASUS Tinker Board ARM for TinkerOS wich is Debian fork.

It run Debian armhf architecture which is diffrent than Rasberry Pi ARM Cortex v7.

I tryied install Eddie AirVPN under TinkerOS 1.4 for ASUS Tinker Board which is fork of Debian ARM, but failed because of diffrent arm architecture armhf <-> armcv7.

Please, please do Eddie AirVPN for TinkerOS ARM.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

I was succesfull with install Eddie AirVPN Linux Client Portable Mono on ASUS Tinker Board under TinkerOS.

First I install mono-complete as is described in HOW To instructions for installing Eddie Client for Raspberry Pi 3 in this section of forum. Than install OpenVPN and Stunnel4. Than I downloaded Graphic UI Eddie AirVPN Client Portable Mono for Linux architecture x64. Unzipped, copy openvpn and stunnel from originall directories to Eddie directory.

Than I started Graphic UI Eddie AirVPN Client for Mono under XLDE command:

#mono AirVPN.exe

And that is it. It works fine.

I received my TinkerOS hw.

First I install mono-complete as is described in HOW To instructions for installing Eddie Client for Raspberry Pi 3 in this section of forum. Than install OpenVPN and Stunnel4. Than I downloaded Graphic UI Eddie AirVPN Client Portable Mono for Linux architecture x64. Unzipped, copy openvpn and stunnel from originall directories to Eddie directory.

Some confusion here...

If you install openvpn and stunnel4, you don't need to copy openvpn and stunnel from the portable bundle. Eddie will find them in system.

In fact, it's strange that you copy x64 binary and works... probabily Eddie ignore it and use the system packages. Please check by posting a log file.

Anyway, my objective is to make .deb and our Debian repo compatible with both Raspbian and TinkerOS.

There are some confusion about architectures...

Raspberry it's armv7l but rasbian repo it's armhf.

Tinker OS 'uname -m' report armv7l, Tinker OS repo it's armhf.

Still studying this kind of stuffs, but i can ensure that next release of Eddie will work on both.

There are some confusion about architectures...

Raspberry it's armv7l but rasbian repo it's armhf.

Tinker OS 'uname -m' report armv7l, Tinker OS repo it's armhf.

Still studying this kind of stuffs, but i can ensure that next release of Eddie will work on both.

It's the same. armhf is Debian's way of naming the arch of an ARMv7+ CPU (ARM Hard Float point). The only difference is between armhf and armel. Basically, if you want to support the first RaspBerry as well, you need armel, because it has got a v6 CPU.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I believe Eddie and Hummingbird are available for ARM CPUs, did you try them?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I did but on my Tinker Board S I got the following errors:

a) with the portable version

/opt/airvpn/eddie-cli_2.18.9_linux_armhf_portable/eddie-cli$ sudo ./eddie-cli -login=lex.luthor -password=********** -connect -netlock -server=Taurus
exception inside UnhandledException handler: (null) assembly:mscorlib.dll type:TypeInitializationException member:(null)

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Eddie.Core.RandomGenerator' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Random' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libmono-native.so
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Interop+Sys.GetNonCryptographicallySecureRandomBytes(byte*,int)

b) With the mono version:

/opt/airvpn/eddie-cli_2.18.9_linux_armhf_mono/eddie-cli$ sudo ./eddie-cli -login=lex.luthor -password=**********
-connect -netlock -server=Taurus

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Eddie.Platform.Linux.Platform' from assembly 'Lib.Platform.Linux, Version=2.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

c) hummingbird

/opt/airvpn/hummingbird-linux-armv7l-1.0.2$ ldd hummingbird
./hummingbird: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by ./hummingbird)
linux-vdso.so.1 (0xbeece000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb6e1c000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0xb6da4000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb6d7b000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0xb6d57000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0xb6c69000)
/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xb6f3b000)

And it won't let me install it:

sudo dpkg -i libc6_2.30-8_armhf.deb
dpkg: regarding libc6_2.30-8_armhf.deb containing libc6:armhf:
 libc6:armhf breaks locales (<< 2.30)
  locales (version 2.24-11+deb9u4) is present and installed.

dpkg: error processing archive libc6_2.30-8_armhf.deb (--install):
 installing libc6:armhf would break locales, and
 deconfiguration is not permitted (--auto-deconfigure might help)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libc6_2.30-8_armhf.deb

@lex.luthor

Hello!

Unfortunately your system does not support a 2 years old glibc library (2.28), which for ARM architecture is the oldest library that Hummingbird supports. The version in your system (2.24) is more than 4 years old! Is any update to your system distribution available?

Kind regards