Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.245.254
Sign in to follow this  
shadow1011

very slow DNS resolution

For approximately the last two to four weeks I have been experiencing very slow browsing when connected thru the AirVPN 2.10.3 client from my Windows 10 machine. I believe the issue is related to DNS resolution because the speed of my connection seems normal when I am engaged in large file transfers; it only slows down when I am querying DNS continuously, such as when I'm browsing in Chrome. My computer is Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 

Hello,

I was having the exact same problem, this seems to have fixed it for me: https://airvpn.org/topic/20812-very-very-slow-dns-lookup/ (Although, I didn't disable IPV6 anywhere)

​Hi all... Okay so I appear to have fixed this. Don't ask me why this worked and the first step may be unnecessary but it worked for me:

​1. Disable IPV6 everywhere: Both adapters, OS and Router. This on it's own didn't fix the problem.

​2. Set the TAP adapter to a lower metric than your network adaptor:

​1. Network connections -> Adapter Settings -> TAP-Windows Adapter V9 -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> Advanced

​Uncheck Automatic Metric

Interface Metric == 14

2. Network connections -> Adapter Settings -> Ethernet -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> Advanced

​Uncheck Automatic Metric

Interface Metric == 15

This second step instantly fixes the problem for me. If I set the metrics to the same value or automatic the problem instantly comes back.

​Let me know if this works for you and Happy Holidays xx