Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.181.209
_CyberGhosT_

ANSWERED Forcing Windows 10 App's To Use AirVPN ?

Posted ... (edited)

Greetings AirVPN Satff and Community, first let me say that I am very proud to be a new AirVPN member and

premium customer. It feels great to be a part of the AirVPN family.

My question is:

Is there a way for me to make it so that Windows App's or other selected app's will be routed through AirVPN's connection rather than my ISP's default connection ?

I am a gamer, so I don't want "all" traffic, I want Steam, Uplay, Origin. ect to be able to use my default connection, but Windows App's like Messenger to use AirVPN, I use MailBird as well and that is anther

that I would prefer to use the AirVPN connection. You get the idea.

Soo, is there a way to do this with some app's while others will be permitted to remain using my default connection ?

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,

Mr. Lawrence S. aka (CyberGhosT)

Edited ... by _CyberGhosT_

Greetings AirVPN Satff and Community, first let me say that I am very proud to be a new AirVPN member and

premium customer. It feels great to be a part of the AirVPN family.

My question is:

Is there a way for me to make it so that Windows App's or other selected app's will be routed through AirVPN's connection rather than my ISP's default connection ?

I am a gamer, so I don't want "all" traffic, I want Steam, Uplay, Origin. ect to be able to use my default connection, but Windows App's like Messenger to use AirVPN, I use MailBird as well and that is anther

that I would prefer to use the AirVPN connection. You get the idea.

Soo, is there a way to do this with some app's while others will be permitted to remain using my default connection ?

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Sincerely,

Mr. Lawrence S. aka (CyberGhosT)

It's almost impossible to do what you want to do. Only way is to know the games server ip to exclude it in eddie. 

The easy way and probably the only possible way is to disconnect the vpn when you are about to play and then connect it again when you stop playing. 

@5YmkoLQZ

Thank you,

So, if I understand you right it is an "All or Nothing" situation, I can't Pick & Choose. OK that part is solved.

Now how can I route "all" Windows 10 PC traffic through AirVPN then ?

I will just kill the VPN when I want to game.

it's fairly simple to control the route to IP address or IP address range (Eddie has this built in) but it's not trivial to control route based on application.  That's just the way networking works, not a weakness of AirVPN.

You could try using ForceBindIP. See:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9491-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-just-for-torrenting-on-windows/?p=36559

or

https://airvpn.org/topic/21050-visit-sites-like-youtube-without-vpn/?do=findComment&comment=54367

It has limitations though:

https://airvpn.org/topic/17956-win-exclude-programs-from-vpn-connection/?p=43063

In the last post zhang888 said, "This is possible whereever you can make a program use a specific interface, ...". Some programs do not provide that, but do allow you to configure them to use an HTTP or SOCKS proxy. So if you can run the proxy bound to the specific interface, you achieve the same result.

@5YmkoLQZ

Thank you,

So, if I understand you right it is an "All or Nothing" situation, I can't Pick & Choose. OK that part is solved.

Now how can I route "all" Windows 10 PC traffic through AirVPN then ?

I will just kill the VPN when I want to game.

if you run eddie and you are connected to a server then everything is routed through the vpn. 

Let's go a step back: Why exactly do you want to run Steam outside the VPN?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Exclude those gaming servers' IPs in Eddie. There are not many servers I'd call "dedicated to professional gaming", if that's even a thing.

Also: How will they find out you use a VPN?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

By professional servers I meant Tournament Servers, and unless you roll in those tournaments I doubt you would be aware of the vast amounts of tournament servers that exist.

Some anti cheat software have issues with VPN's and encrypted traffic, some don't but it is best to err on the side of safety