Not connected, Your IP: 50.17.92.200

Same over here after updating to macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Tried also with portable version and now trying with old version 2.11.15.

Cleaned up the .airvpn/AirVPN.xml file didn't work either.

Edit: 4 hours later 2.11.15 doesn't freeze after changing servers or leaving disconnect.

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

I've got the same problem here on both of my Macs. The only surefire way to deal with this is to reboot.

Like the OP I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Same over here after updating to macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Tried also with portable version and now trying with old version 2.11.15.

Cleaned up the .airvpn/AirVPN.xml file didn't work either.

Edit: 4 hours later 2.11.15 doesn't freeze after changing servers or leaving disconnect.

Same issue here after updating to macOS 10.12.4 (and still using Eddie 2.12.4). The app freezes and it has to be killed or sometimes a reboot is required to reconnect to any AirVPN server.

Ever since I moved to AirVPN (which I think is great) there's been constant niggles with the VPN client but fantastic server quality / uptime, unlike my previous provider (no name   ) which has a superb Mac client, but terrible server uptime. lol

I've reverted to 2.11.15 as per snapz suggestion above and still had to reboot my Mac Mini upon each wake, but not my Mac Pro this morning... 

I should add that I updated LittleSnitch this morning, which mentioned in the release notes "Improved VPN detection". I don't know whether this may have had an impact on Eddie, but I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else was using LittleSnitch and AirVPN on Mac?

The Mac Pro wakes fine from sleep and the Mac Mini was OK yesterday, but this morning I had to reboot the latter to be able to connect to AirVPN as Eddie had crashed (again) and when restarted was stuck in the now familiar too many devices connected cycle. As a lay person, it seems to me that Eddie doesn't clear out out settings after it's crashed and restarted. 

Hallo Rooty,

With installing 2.11.15 have you cleaned up the .airvpn/AirVPN.xml file of tne previous version?

I personaly deleted the .airvpn folder completely. And 2.11.15 still working like a charm since install the 03 April 2017 - 05:58 AM!

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Hallo Rooty,

With installing 2.11.15 have you cleaned up the .airvpn/AirVPN.xml file of tne previous version?

I personaly deleted the .airvpn folder completely. And 2.11.15 still working like a charm since install the 03 April 2017 - 05:58 AM!

I did! (remove the .xml file). Thank you for the suggestion though.

As mentioned above, it worked fine for a day! 

I see someone else with a Mac posted a crashing problem in another thread, so hopefully the Eddie devs will get to it when they release the next version?

Having the same issue. I just started my subscription so good to know that this is a new problem and not an existing one that has been ignored.

Having the same issue. I just started my subscription so good to know that this is a new problem and not an existing one that has been ignored.

Just use v2.11.15 for now, as this version seems to be stable with latest update to OSX.

Thanks for the info in this thread!

I updated to 2.12.4 yesterday (everything was fine under 2.11.15 so I wasn't in a hurry) and started to get hangs even when not using the vpn. Going back to 2.11.15 until this issue is resolved.

On 2.11.15, I also regularly get freezes but it is linked to putting my macbook air to sleep (probably linked to ovpn and macos as described here https://airvpn.org/topic/18251-airvpn-mac-client-problems/?do=findComment&comment=47925). The solution that works for me is actually so easy that I would love for Eddie to be able to handle this automatically.

The typical case for me (I do not use network lock):

- I am connected to airvpn using eddie and I close the screen on my macbook air

- When I reopen my macbook, I sometimes need to "force quit" Eddie

- I then need to go to Network Preferences / Advanced / DNS to remove the "10.0.4.1" entry.

- I can then start using my macbook air again: either going on the internet without VPN or relaunching Eddie

Would it be possible for Eddie to handle this automatically?

What can also happen in this case: if Eddie does not freeze but the macbook was disconnected from the wifi during sleep: Eddie would first interpret the vpn server (which was the best one available) to be "unavailable" and would be removed of all stars and moved to the back of the list. When Eddie tries to reconnect before the macbook is connected to a wifi network, Eddie would mark all of the best vpn servers as "unavailable" and moved to the back of the list. When the network would be back up, I would be connected to a vpn server but one with a poor connection (big latency and low bandwidth).

Here again, I would love it if the Eddie could better recognize and handle this situation.

catkfr

I am using the  following setup:

-Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 

-Mac internal firewall set to off 

-Little Snitch 3.7.4 

AirVPN Eddie 2.12.4 freezes occasionally, noticeably when disconnecting then trying to reconnect or when waking up from sleem, sometimes in latency check, sometimes in checking DNS/ Route, I have to force quit the Eddie and run it again, sometimes this helps, sometimes I have to restart the system to resolve the issue . I've tried a complete uninstall then reinstalling, but that didn't make any difference.

Also having this issue on Sierra 10.12.4 with the latest Eddie version. Reverting to older version does nothing and still freezes at sporadic times.

I am also running latest Little Snitch version, and have DNS checking/route check disabled.

Can a dev confirm this is being worked on? 

Same here - Sierra 10.12.4, Eddie 2.12.4.

Eddie repeatedly a spinning ball and needing to be force quit.

Dumb question but are there any Airvpn files other than Eddie's in 'Applications'? If so where are they please? I've searched but can't find anything else.

Eddie 2.12.4 working fine on Imac with El Capitan 10.11.6 but as discussed in another thread, has a problem on Mac Pro running Sierra 10.12.4. When waking from sleep mode, Eddie 2.12.4 requires "Force Quit" and restart to work properly.

Hi!

I have created an issue report for AirVPN Eddie project in GitHub and also have provided the link for this thread for the developers and for AirVPN Support team (via support ticket).

I will update here if there is any new information regarding to this issue. 

Man, I had problems before Sierra but nothing like this.  Eddie just doesn't ever work unless I restart my whole machine every time I come in.  So lame!

Guys, sorry to say I will at the end of this week not be renewing my AirVPN subscription due to the problems with Eddie. It was never like this a year or so ago and is very frustrating. I'll be moving to another provider who I'm told have no problems with their client on Sierra.

This should've been a very quick fix, instead it's been a horrible experience for the past few months. Goodbye!

Having the same issues as well. I can get it to work sporadically but it will stall out and become non responsive. If I try and restart after closing it goes into the disconnect reconnect endless loop until it stops responding and has to be force shut down. Any hope on getting this resolved?