Not connected, Your IP: 54.221.26.137
jean claud

What about data rententions in E.U.

I know that European Court of Justice rules against mass data retention in EU and that in Sweden ,contrary to internet ISP,  VPN  are not submitted to this obligation .

In another side terrorism and international tensions push  governements to  enforce internet surveillance . So what are  the VPN obligations in differents European countries ?

Thank you for your replies

Do you mean terms of use or terms of running a VPN server/provider in the countries? Because in Germany for instance, there are no real obligations when it comes to using a VPN. You can be sued for using it as one way of interpreting one or a few of the "Computer Misuse Acts" ("circumventing access restrictions") but this almost never happens, precisely because every lawyer can interpret it another way. And because many services are hosted on another country's territory.

We do have our fads with wild data retention ideas when someone drives a truck into a crowd, though...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks  for the reply )

Do you know what  prevails:

The laws of country where vpn is based or the laws of the country where the servers is based ?

I believe this question has been answered a few times in the past. The VPN server is in a datacenter, the datacenter is in a country registered as a company. Most of them at least. So in the first place the company will be contacted about possible abuse of a server, and only they decide what to do.

If a VPN provider is based in another country the VPN server's country has no power over the VPN provider. How could it, the provider is registered somewhere else and plays by its local rules. Matters change when the provider and the server are in the same country.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.