Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.234.230
Sign in to follow this  
andrea123z

Austria VPN looks like UK on ipleak.net

Hi guys

I always use to check my network info on ipleak.net also to make sure I'm connected to the vpn but, recently, using the Austria servers ipleak.net started to show that I'm connecting from UK.

It's not a real problem as long as there are no info discloused about my real IP or provider, but I'd like to understand why that's happening.

Andrea

Simply put, Geolocation databases for IP addresses are completely retarded. 

It's no big deal, unless your OCD like me about internet services matching the country of the server. 

It is amusing that https://airvpn.org/ 5.196.64.52

is said by my Firefox Flagfox addon and geotool to be in France, somewhere near Paris

and whois says at France - Nord-pas-de-calais - Roubaix - Ovh Sas

and the WorldIP addon says it is in Germany at OVH Sarl

and traceroute seems to think it is in the Virginis Switzerland datacentre which I am using (Antares is chronically sick).

Hi guys

I always use to check my network info on ipleak.net also to make sure I'm connected to the vpn but, recently, using the Austria servers ipleak.net started to show that I'm connecting from UK.

It's not a real problem as long as there are no info discloused about my real IP or provider, but I'd like to understand why that's happening.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.38.22.png

Andrea

FYI: Alderamin appears to not have a geolocation error if you would prefer to use it instead.

And now http://airvpn.org is 95.211.138.143 and Firefox Flagfox and WorldIP addons say it is in Netherlands on a Leaseweb datacentre, from using Baiten Switzerland exit.

Not a problem unless trying to target a Predator-Hellfire drone.