Not connected, Your IP: 204.236.220.47
Sign in to follow this  
Nnyan

Trying to find my new VPN

Hello all, I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum.

Been using VPN (for the last few years I've been with PIA) for specific functions but lately I've been considering putting all of our traffic over a VPN.  PIA was not perfect (technical support was really hit or miss, documentation is often out of date and the client is clunky although the latest version is an improvement and connection speeds were all over the place) but it was the issues with my network that finally pushed me to find a replacement.  Basically I would on a regular basis have to reboot my windows PC to get back internet connectivity after a session with PIA.  Occasionally if I left my PC connected to PIA for awhile (8+ hours) it would do something to my cable modem (I have Comcast and have an Arris SB6141) where nothing on my network could connect to the internet (I'm not 100% positive here but rebooting individual devices did nothing only after I disconnected and powered down the modem for at least 10 minutes will my connections come back up).  I even borrowed a friends cable modem for a week to make sure my modem wasn't the issue and I was able to replicate the issue on her modem (we own our own do not rent from Comcast).  

So I've started a crash course on getting a modicum of knowledge about VPN services and after discarding most online "review" websites I used the following to come up with my interested list (searching these forums I saw references to the last two lists but not the comparitech one):

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/best-vpns-privacy-and-anonymity/

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

https://medium.com/@yegor/hypocrisy-plaguing-major-vpn-providers-b4613b82f795#.423on9qgv

So my list is this so far:

AirVPN

BlackVPN

CryptoStorm VPN

Mullvad VPN

Based on just reading some of the threads here I went ahead and requested a Trial of AirVPN.  I have to say that it's pretty refreshing seeing how open the communication between the business and it's users are.  I just recently switched from pfSense to OPNsense and hope to use the pfSense guide on the forums to setup AirVPN.  

IMHO , Two VPN offer a high level of privacy and security  , respect their users by the quality of their connections and the facility of use . They don't hide themself behind  marketting artifices, but  just offer a very serious job for a decent price:

Airvpn and Mullvad

AirVPN has by far the best technical support and the most helpful community i have seen thus far regarding VPN's. 

AirVPN also has arguably the best multi-platform OpenVPN client out there.

I am fairly confident that if you try AirVPN, you will likely want to stay. 

Hello all, I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum.

Been using VPN (for the last few years I've been with PIA) for specific functions but lately I've been considering putting all of our traffic over a VPN.  PIA was not perfect (technical support was really hit or miss, documentation is often out of date and the client is clunky although the latest version is an improvement and connection speeds were all over the place) but it was the issues with my network that finally pushed me to find a replacement.  Basically I would on a regular basis have to reboot my windows PC to get back internet connectivity after a session with PIA.  Occasionally if I left my PC connected to PIA for awhile (8+ hours) it would do something to my cable modem (I have Comcast and have an Arris SB6141) where nothing on my network could connect to the internet (I'm not 100% positive here but rebooting individual devices did nothing only after I disconnected and powered down the modem for at least 10 minutes will my connections come back up).  I even borrowed a friends cable modem for a week to make sure my modem wasn't the issue and I was able to replicate the issue on her modem (we own our own do not rent from Comcast).  

So I've started a crash course on getting a modicum of knowledge about VPN services and after discarding most online "review" websites I used the following to come up with my interested list (searching these forums I saw references to the last two lists but not the comparitech one):

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/best-vpns-privacy-and-anonymity/

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

https://medium.com/@yegor/hypocrisy-plaguing-major-vpn-providers-b4613b82f795#.423on9qgv

So my list is this so far:

AirVPN

BlackVPN

CryptoStorm VPN

Mullvad VPN

Based on just reading some of the threads here I went ahead and requested a Trial of AirVPN.  I have to say that it's pretty refreshing seeing how open the communication between the business and it's users are.  I just recently switched from pfSense to OPNsense and hope to use the pfSense guide on the forums to setup AirVPN.  

Tried all of them. And settled with AirVPN finally and never looked back.

1. Black VPN - nice one small VPN, but I'm not confident about how they manage their infrastructure (they're so small so I suspect they just use VPS)

2. Crypto Storm... try to read about them on air forums. To me not trustworthy.

3. Mullvad - good VPN, used to be slow but recently they invested into lots of new servers. I really liked... however somebody run Tor nodes on their exit points, so expect *LOTS* of captchas, and for lot of sites it's simply blocked.

Go with Air, fastest, transparent, great helpful forums.

Thank you all for your responses.  I never did hear back about the trial to check out AirVPN.  I'll try requesting again.

i've tried

witopia

protonvpn

privatetunnel

strongvpn

PIA.

i am only on my first year of Airvpn, but don't see moving to another product anytime soon.      Airvpn works best on my pfsense box

have a buddy that uses mullvad with their client is happy.  but couldn't tell you how over a router it works..

My list is huge i do not even remember when in decades ago started testing different VPN´s.

I remember that my list after testings is

AirVPN

Mullvad

PP

ovpn

and 2 what i use sometimes,are

VPN.AC and Windscripe.

Those are the best for me. Of course Air is the number 1

"You don't have to be a genius to sound like one." - BDS