Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.249.219

I used DNSCrypt (dnscrypt.org) several weeks ago together with AirVPN, and found the performance was satisfactory.

I knew it would be duplicated to use DNSCrypt instead of AirVPN's DNS, but I had reasons to replace Eddie's default DNS setting, mentioned in another thread:   https://airvpn.org/topic/21590-dns-upload-traffic-via-eddie/

Anyone have tried DNSCrypt? What do you think its pros and cons?

I've used  DNSCrypt close to 3 years now.  But suddenly I'm having a problem on my Win8.1 desktop(I've got  2 laptops running Win10, and one of them is going to be switched over to some flavor Linux soon, and DNSCrypts runs perfectly as always).  I had an issue on my desktop and had to a reinstall of Win 8.1.  So now when I have DNSCrypt on, which is always. it works fine, but second I turn AirVPN, it won't connect.  I can still leave the box ticked "Enable OpenDNS" but if I click "Enable DNSCrypt" it goes red and stays red and I lose my connection, same with if I tick the box "DNSCrypt Over TCP/443(slower).   I have to basically disable the DNSCrypt to connect to the net.  When I turn off Airvpn, it works just fine again.   And both of my WIn10 laptops work fine with Airvpn on or off.

Anyone have thought on what might be my issue?    I know it's not big thing, especially when I'm connected thru Airvpn, but I've had it for so long that it still makes feel exposed, even if thats really not the case;)

I don't use a VPN yet, but am considering AirVPN (based largely on https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/).

I currently use DNSCrypt with Adguard DNS on my home router (with Tomato firmware) to block ads, trackers, phishing, adult websites, and to force safe search on common search providers. This is important to me because I have several young internet users in my home, and this serves as a basic safety filter/parental control. It is very similar to OpenDNS, but also includes adblocking and safe search.

Does this DNS level content filtering still work when using AirVPN, and would this overall setup be generally as secure (because of DNSCrypt) as using AirVPN's dedicated DNS?

I don't use a VPN yet, but am considering AirVPN (based largely on https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/).

I currently use DNSCrypt with Adguard DNS on my home router (with Tomato firmware) to block ads, trackers, phishing, adult websites, and to force safe search on common search providers. This is important to me because I have several young internet users in my home, and this serves as a basic safety filter/parental control. It is very similar to OpenDNS, but also includes adblocking and safe search.

Does this DNS level content filtering still work when using AirVPN, and would this overall setup be generally as secure (because of DNSCrypt) as using AirVPN's dedicated DNS?

If you run openvpn on a machine in your network then Adguard wouldn't be able to act on anything in that connection because it's encrypted.

If you run openvpn on the router, I think Adguard would still work.

I just switched over to SImple DNSCrypt and everything works fine. It's more secure anyway. 

I have DNSCrypt installled on my Asus router running Merlin, and it works fine.

I have DNSCrypt installled on my Asus router running Merlin, and it works fine.

Same. No,issues.

Is there some step by step instruction?