Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.193.238
Doc11_Llama

Another user with slow vpn speeds

Hello,

I've been using airvpn through eddie for about 2 years.

I'm using it on a virtual machine powered by an i5 2500.

From that virtual machine directly connecting through my isp, I get roughly 400/240 Mbps down/up.

From that virtual machine connecting to airvpn and after testing a lot of protocols and servers, I used to get around 60/60 Mbps until recently. Which is not that great, but I used to blame it on the system load because of the encryption which can't be lowered.

A few weeks ago it started slowing down and now I'm getting at best about 30/50 Mbps.

I've tried testing various servers and protocols again. I even tried changing the buffer size in the advanced options after searching around in the forums to see how others managed to fix their speeds issues.

Now, overall I still like airvpn because the connection is quite stable and the client is nice to use... But I'm not sure I'm happy to have renewed my subscription for 1 year if my speeds get that low...

Does anyone have any useful idea or tips that I haven't explored yet?

Hello!

Did you update your client version?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Im getting much slower speeds here also ... I was getting around 6-7MB (40-50Mb) dl speeds... I updated to 2.11.15 and now im only getting around 1MB(10-12Mb).. Im adding this here in hopes it helps to find a solution..Love AirV --- just hoping to get back to my speeds i had before.. Can i remove the current 2.11.15 and go back to a older version?

Same here. I have very low speeds with AirVPN's Swedish servers. (I'm located in Sweden myself). Unfortunately the datacentre they have chosen just simply has horrible peering.

I have 250 Mbit without VPN. With airvpns swedish servers i get around 10-25 Mbit. With other VPN providers swedish servers at other datacentres i get at least 150-200 Mbit which is way more acceptable.

However if i use airvpns servers in other countries like the Netherlands i get around 150 Mbit there as well.

any admins going to come in and help or ask about the problems? in my post i talk about getting 4-6MB download speeds prior to my eddie upgrade... Now i get between .7 and 1.2MB download speeds... The only changing factor is 2.11.15 eddie(and any files that get updated with it).. Any thoughts on what we could do or try or how to revert back to previous gui/tor interface? Clearly there is a group of people who have used the service who are having problems getting the full experience they are paying for and a little help would be great..

I have also noticed slower speeds in the past few days. Struggling to get over 10 Megabits/Sec. I can usually max out our 80 Megabit connection.

Just updated to eddie 2.12.3

I've regained some bandwith but have yet to get back to the speeds I used to get.

Hello!

Top users speed range from 166 to 100 Mbit/s at the moment of this writing. Remember that guaranteed allocated bandwidth per client is 8 Mbit/s according to the Terms of Service and that 166 Mbit/s for the client translates into 166*2=332 Mbit/s on the server. Even 60 Mbit/s (i.e. 120 Mbit/s on the server) is a good performance in our infrastructure. We are very clear in our Terms of Service and in spite of them we provide great redundancy. We can't do anything else to make things clearer. Even if apparently you still fail to get it, we really can't do anything else to make things clearer.

Kind regards