Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.157.73
Sign in to follow this  
Toasters

Router Suggestions

I just upgraded my internet connection to 250 down, and got a new AC Wifi card. However, through Ethernet, I'm getting my full 250mbps that I'm paying for, but through my Netgear 300n router over wifi, I'm only getting 80. After I connect to Airvpn, that goes down to 30mbps. Clearly, I need a new router. I'm hoping some folks can offer some help as far as a new router I can buy to aid my bad speed that works well with fast connections and Airvpn.

And to get 250 through VPN you need a powerful x86 CPU, maybe near and above 3GHz. Mine is 2.4GHz and can saturate a VDSL2 100Mbps.

OpenVPN is also single thread so take into account only the single core maximum speed.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

- Router/Firewall pfSense 23.01 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11320H @ 3.20GHz)

- Switch Cisco SG350-10

- AP Netgear RAX200 (Stock FW)

- NAS Synology DS1621+ (5 x 5TB WD Red)

- ISP: Fiber 1000/300 (PPPoE)

Your best wireless router might just be the most under-appreciated but essential part of your home. Without it, you couldn’t stream Netflix or HBO Now to your smartphone, tablet or laptop without cumbersome Ethernet cords or weird workarounds. When it’s doing its job well, you never give it much thought, but when it isn’t… well, you notice.