Not connected, Your IP: 107.21.176.63

Hi,

I have just download Qbittorrent download engine. I will be using this a lot to download different files. can somebody help me is to what's the best settings that i can set my QBittorent on so I don't get my information leaked.

I have read some people saying even when using airvpn for downloading they still received letter from there service provider about illegal downloading.

Hello!

You can check my new user guide.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

best settings that i can set my QBittorent on so I don't get my information leaked.

You can bind qBittorrent to the tun0 interface

This. Available in the advanced settings. Unless you use Windows because for me this never worked on Windows. Use Network Lock instead.

All other settings are your personal preference.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I believe the default Options/Connection/Listening Port should be set to the Port Forward assigned by Air for proper interaction with trackers and peers due to the "firewall effect" of the VPN. Not a security issue (hopefully?), but an efficiency/performance setting, and may require extra interaction with antivirus or windows firewall.

Just a mention in a "starter thread". Probably covered in LZ guide, have not read up for a while. Todo.

I believe the default Options/Connection/Listening Port should be set to the Port Forward assigned by Air for proper interaction with trackers and peers due to the "firewall effect" of the VPN.

i was told it wasn't necessary and, in fact, a bad idea to forward ports for torrenting - i run qBT with no forwarded ports or any other special settings and i get a 'green' light (uploading works) - the only thing i do since i don't use Eddie is to bind qBT to tun0

i was told it wasn't necessary and, in fact, a bad idea to forward ports for torrenting 

Quite the opposite, it's a good idea. Without remote port forwarding your torrent software can't be contacted. It can only actively initiate connections toward some client which allows incoming connections, therefore performance is impaired and initial seeding is impossible. If all peers in a swarm did not accept incoming connections torrenting would not work at all in that swarm.

Kind regards

yes, Air staff is correct regarding port forwarding - my mistake

to others who find this topic...

AirVPN - go to your control panel and forward a port for both UDP and TCP - leave the fields blank and it will auto-pick a port

make sure the port you use is NOT forwarded in your router

there is no need to forward this port anywhere else (firewall, router, etc.) other than in the AirVPN control panel

qBittorrent > tools > options > connections

listening port - plug in the same port you forwarded on Air

uncheck UPnP

uncheck use different port on each start

qBittorrent > tools > options > connections > connection limits

global max = 100

connections per torrent = 50

(settings above suggested by Air staff)

qBittorrent > tools > options > bittorrent > privacy

enable DHT

enable PeX

qBittorrent > tools > options > advanced

network interface = tun0 (on Linux anyway) - you may have to be connected to the VPN before the tun0 option is available

if you change VPN servers, you may have to repeat the above step if you are unable to download

also see: Do you allow p2p? How can I optimize performance of eMule and BitTorrent with AirVPN? - Sales - AirVPN (https://airvpn.org/faq/p2p/)

Hi!

You can bind qBittorrent to the tun0 interface or activate the network lock using Eddie.

Either way, you won't get any letter.

This is a great suggestion and solution. I just set qBittorrent to only use the TAP network adapter, and tested whether the connection was lost when I disconnected from my VPN and reinstated when I was connected to the VPN. Several tests show that the downloads stop as soon as I disconnect from the VPN, and continue once I reconnect the VPN.