Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.83.20

Hello everyone!

I am using AirVPN on Fedora 25 and the first week it worked perfectly. But, as I got a router (D-Link DIR-868L) this week I have started noticing DNS Leaks occurring now and then, and if I bypass the router by connecting straight to wall the DNS leaks go away. It doesn't seem to matter what way I have of connecting to the VPN, I have tried Gnome-Network-Manager, Eddie and using the terminal and it is all the same.

How can I fix this?

I'm not much of a Linux guy, so I can't help with your actual problem, but until you solve it, you can set the DNS servers on your router to something like OpenDNS, and then you should only be leaking those servers instead of your ISP DNS.  That's a short term bandaid until you fix the underlying issue.

I faintly remember some setting on D-Link routers doing this. I can't find the thread anymore. Switching it off or flashing OpenWRT firmware fixed this.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for the replies.

OpenWRT is unfortunately not available for D-Link DIR-868L, maybe DD-WRT would also fix it. I will report anything I find.