Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.28

Can someone please tell me how can I forward a udp protocol? I am doing it for my game I have done all necessary options like firewall allowance but couldn't forward it, Tcp portforwarding works fine but I don't see a activity for Udp port forwarding, I am port forwarding a udp 6672 for game Gta V online pc. Any guidance will be appreciated.

If you are using the VPN service, you just go to client area, port forwarding, and do it all there.  

I just did that but even after that when i play game and it listens to port i forwarded through remote portforwarding, i checked it with canyouseeme.org or other port open sites that port is closed and not forwarded, Any help?

Can someone please tell me how can I forward a udp protocol? I am doing it for my game I have done all necessary options like firewall allowance but couldn't forward it, Tcp portforwarding works fine but I don't see a activity for Udp port forwarding, I am port forwarding a udp 6672 for game Gta V online pc. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Okay, so I'm going to try to break this down, and understand what you are claiming you have done.  When you say you have "done all the necessary options like firewall allowance"?  What are you talking about?  Are you talking about you Windows Firewall or your Router?  

If you are talking about your Router, that isn't going to apply to the situation of playing a game over a VPN connection. You've already punched through your router to have communication with the VPN server.  The VPN server is going to open up a port for you through the Client options on the web page, and you need to map it to a local port so that your computer is actually talk to the server over that port.

So over the VPN, the GameServer is actually talking to the VPNServer first, thinking it is your LocalComputer/Router.  So you need to open the appropriate port on the VPNserver and map it back to the LocalPort.  This thread is a good example of this being talked about:  https://airvpn.org/topic/20632-confused-over-port-forwarding/

Thanks for your kind support mate but i am actually talking about windows firewall not my router, my router is restricted by my isp for portforwarding thats why i have purchased vpn so i can portforward, i have also looked at thread but not kinda understand, now I am gonna tell step by step , tell me if i got you right? are you saying that the port I want to forward such as in my case is udp 6672 I have to forward it through local port obviously because it is reserved already so when I port forward it through local port I am assigned another port through which vpn servers are mapped actually to 6672 port I have done this step but are you suggesting that I also forward the port which is assigned by the local port when I portforwarded 6672? Sorry if I am making this confusing.

I'm not sure what you are asking.  So if you are talking about windows firewall, you need to make sure that you have inbound and outbound rules for your local udp port:

PtxwVzt.png

And then you need to make sure that you are opening up the port on the AirVPN server so that the GameServer can talk all the way back to your GameClient via that open port.

Edit:  Are you using Network Lock in the AirVPN client? 

Yes i am using network lock, and can you please tell me how do i set the inbound and outbound rules for a specific udp local port? suppose I have 6672 to get forwarded for my game. How I make rules for that local port?

There's two things you can do with the Windows Firewall.  There's tell it that an entire Program is allowed to punch through the firewall on whatever port it wants to.  And then there is just generically opening up any port for any program to use.

When you click Inbound or Outbound rules, and you click to Add a rule, you can select Program or Port.  First, do Program, and add your game, so that the game can have it's way with your firewall.  Then do Port, and when you do that you get to select UDP or TCP and tell it what port.  Theoretically you only need to do one or the other, but we are just trying to get this to work.

Once you have done that, try to see if it works WITHOUT using Network Lock first.  Depending on which version of Eddie you are using you may be using a Windows Firewall based network lock that is re-writing and superseding your Windows Firewall rules to prevent IP and DNS leaks.  If you use the new version of eddie with WFP, you shouldn't have that problem.  

But for testing purposes do this:  Disable Network Lock, Disconnect from VPN, build your firewall rules for your game, connect to VPN without Network Lock, do the VPN port forwarding stuff in the client panel, try playing your game.  If that works, you can work on adding in the WFP network lock, and hopefully it won't mess with your local Firewall settings.

Sadly no luck mate! I did exactly as you suggested but still my port is closed and my NAT type is moderate, and i have latest version of eddie my network lock mode was auto i changed it to Windows filtering platform WFP and also tried with or without it but still same. Any more suggestions? Please.

The best solution is sometimes the easiest. Disable Network Lock. If it starts working, your routes are the problem.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello,

Thanks but i already stated above that i also tried with disabling network lock but it won't help either.

Again, just for troubleshooting purposes, try this (and of this doesn't work, I don't think the problem has anything to do with AirVPN):

1. Completely disable windows firewall.

2. Connect to AirVPN without network lock enable at all.

3. Setup the port you need forwarded at AirVPN.org

If it still doesn't work, you have some other kind of software managing your local port. If it does work, you can work on adding stuff back in one by one.

Khariz I have tried but still it doesn't work, and what other softwares can manage my ports?

Giganerd, Yes I have opened following ports required by my game.

Giganerd, Yes I have opened following ports required by my game.

You didn't understand my question. Can you verify that your server is actually listening on that port via system tools like netstat? I mean, if TCP works, maybe the actual netcode operates on another port?

Apologies giganerd,

I have checked with netstat it shows the TCP protocols and i am troubled with UDP, so i checked the port listening with command 'telnet localhost (portnumber)' where as for port I wrote the portnumber I forwarded which is 6672, and i got connection failed, cannot establish connection to host, SO this indicates problem to?

Dau,

Is this a thing where you or someone you know are hosting the game server, or is this connecting to a third party company, like Blizzard or Valve or whatever?

Khariz,

The thing where I am playing is of Rockstars game Gta v they have there own servers where I am playing but I have to open port to play a reliable game, I see 3 things in there network settings, One that my nat type is moderate and upnp is disabled and Nat pm/pc is also disabled, and I don't know if it effects or not but I am playing it through Steam,

The only reason I asked that question was so that Giganerd would understand that you have no control over the gameserver or what port its listening on. Unfortunately, I have about run out of Suggestions.

The only reason I asked that question was so that Giganerd would understand that you have no control over the gameserver or what port its listening on. Unfortunately, I have about run out of Suggestions.

Now I see, and thank you.

Why exactly does one need an open port if the machine is not listening for incoming connections? So my questions were superfluous! You're a client in this case, you don't need ports.

I don't get what the intention is and why an open port should enhance "reliability" of the gameplay. If you're not content with the performance of the game, maybe try other servers, ports and protocols!?

Hello,

Thanks Khariz for your support it was much more than the airvpn staff has provided me.

Giganerd, Online gaming requires open ports to enhance reliability and stability, Microsoft recommends open port for online gaming, the Gta v servers operates on couple of ports and protocols and I have forwarded all of them through airvpn but I still can't get it to work, is there a chance the server is operating on different ports? But Gta v online support only tell me 5 to 7 ports and I have tried forwarding them all but can't get open nat type, P.S the game is going great even on moderate since I have switched on airvpn but I also want to experience open nat type because that is flawless gaming experience. Still Thanks alot guys