Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.195.125
Sign in to follow this  
devnullius

beta questions

Hello,

I'm trying out your excellent initiative for a free OpenVPN solution.

I think there are some latency problems...? For all seems fine (serverload < 20% max), but I get many page-not-founds and always loooooooooong waiting times before a page does come throught. I do not have this problem with other (open)vpn clients or connections I use.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanx,

Devvie

~~~ devnullius@googlewave.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare

------

All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! - (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-011 by DevNullius)

@devnullius

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. This is not a "free" (as in free beer) initiative, since we do have commercial plans as you probably know.

Anyway we offer a free server dedicated to all those who want to test the service to check if connection is possible (not to check speed) before becoming premium members. However, please note that we don't ensure any service, assistance or bandwidth on the free server, just take it "as it is". Its purpose is to test if connection is possible from your system before subscribing and, last but not least, to give a tool to those who need encryption and censorship circumvention and can't afford to become premium members.

What's more, please note that anyone on the free server has limited bandwidth.

About latency and your issue, this is the first time we hear about this problem after so many months, so a further investigation is needed (it might be caused by several different reasons, including some not related to our system). Feel free to open a ticket.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins